2 O’Clock?

5 Likes

Pretty please, clean the ■■■■■■ car?

2 Likes
1 Like

what a scene!

“did you notice a sign that says dead n*****r storage?”

2 Likes

If you’re just going off that group I wouldn’t get overexcited either.

But you’re leaving out McGrath and Smith from your calculations who are almost certain huge upgrades on Watson, and the depth of Hocking Stanton and Howlett. And even if Stringer is only 25% midfield that 25% will be something worth watching.

Throw in the natural improvement of Parish and Zerrett and the midfield to me goes from a weakness to a real strength

*if they can actually win the footy.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that our midfield was pretty darn good last year… when we actually had the ball. The issue was when we didn’t win it, which was plenty often enough.

The changes to our midfield need to be a lot more holistic than simply adding more players. You can chuck as many attacking minded mids as you want in there but that’s not gonna stop the Swans from waltzing it out unopposed after they beat us up at the contest.

The mindset must change as much as any personnel.

Yeah, I was responding to TVB’s separation of big and small midfielders.
Extractors.
I don’t think Smith or McGrath could be considered that, and ( no offence, but…) not really sure they’re even relevant to Watson.

I hope Stringer is all of that and a bag of chips.
But it’s a new role and I’m keeping expectations tempered.

I think our outside mids are very, very good.

2 Likes

I think you will be surprised by McGrath, he may not be as big a body as others but it’s solid with a low centre of gravity and his hands are lightning, I think he will be one of the main extractors and the biggest improvement to the midfield

3 Likes

I think he’ll take the second possession.

I think it will be McGrath out to Zerrett

1 Like

There were so many incredible scenes in that film, I always loved Bruce Willis with his weapon selection. Actually that whole scene was just one twist after another.

1 Like

They’ll add a big part to the defensive mindset and application

1 Like

So that’ll make 4 in the entire rotation… so yeah, bigger changes than a couple more additions to the rotation.

That’s fair comment Wim, but a couple of other points I’d make on the bullish side:

• There were a few vague comments from the club last year effectively admitting all the suspended guys were cooked by the end of the season. It’s understandable, but hopefully it means both Heppell and Myers will show a lot more this year.

• I know there’s plenty who see it differently, but I expect we will add Laverde to the list of big mids before the year’s out.

I hope we friggin’ destroy teams at stoppages, I really do.

3 Likes

Assuming our forward line replicate it’s potency of last year, I’d be happy enough with just breaking even at stoppages… That alone would be a huge improvement.

7 Likes

I think adding more pace to the stopagge set up is going to be very important in this regard

2 Likes

*if it’s willing to work defensively…

I am pretty confident they installed a new midfield coach for this exact reason.

Both Smith and McGrath are first instinct defensive players also.

If the defensive structures aren’t being adhered to then those players will be on shaky ground. I’m guessing with the depth of young talent we have now everyone is on notice.

7 Likes