#5 Devon Smith

It’s not hard to see how he and Parish could spark up over a tackle…

2 Likes

27.5% forward, dontcha know, yeah.
(in a Fargo accent)

1 Like

It’s not hard to see how he and Parish could spark up over everything… all the time… in an ongoing manner… because they are both annoying little ■■■■■.

Heaven help the rest of the team if they ever decide to gang up on someone else.

4 Likes

YouTube player highlights videos often feature gritty defensive efforts and hard running to close space. Nobody wants to see that goals and fancy marks stuff

2 Likes

rolls eyes
Even Hooker has a run down tackle in his highlights, Mr Snarky.

Geez. They make a whole article based on the answer to one question.

It’s almost like it’s pre season

1 Like

Mosquito fleet is looking as good as I can remember.

Zerrett,McGrath,Wulla,Smith,Fanta,Parish…and to a lesser extent Colyer and Green

Like a posse of Caged Circus Jack Russells choc full of skill and mongrel.

2 Likes

Best metaphor I’ve seen in ages.

Give me more of that sweet sweet FLUFF

1 Like

Yeah but Jack Russells aren’t mongrels :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m sure if Gary Parkes was consulted he’d have had something nice to say as well.
(He started in 1970)

3 Likes

One of the things I love about it. None of it quite makes any sense but the overwhelming positivity more than makes up for it.

Carlton game in the wet was won & lost in the coaches box more than anything. They played a very good* wet weather game. We played our normal game style, which was dumb.

5 Likes

Great that Smith has done 90% of training and that he’s managing his knees well. After 2 years of playing 30 of a possible 49 games the challenge for 2018 is playing most of not all games. Love his matter-of-fact messaging. Love that he wants to “hurt” players and skate close to the edge #mongrel

2 Likes

Close.

DrSmith11

1 Like

Can’t recall the last time I saw an Essendon player kick the ■■■■■■■ thing along the ground in the wet. It’s attritional warfare. Gain metres at all cost, in any way you can!

Yep.

We’ve found one here boys.

Put him in your SC.

He’s the anti-Colyer: like Zerrett, no issues picking a wet ball up on the run.

Though he then did a comic pratfall when it came to the kick!

He just slots right in, looks so good as a mid, but also so dangerous fwd. The rotation of Smith, Raz, and Tippa through the middle is going to give us so much versatility. All bring something different.

1 Like