#5 Devon Smith

What a pick-up this bloke is!!!

Going to be a critical part of the midfield this season.

1 Like

Which is his preferred foot, I can’t tell. The crumbing goal on his left was sublime

Sublime crumbing? Sounds delicious.

3 Likes

I think Devon Smith was arguably our best player across our two pre season games.

Early days, but I’m super impressed so far.

9 Likes

This guy is all class.

Doesn’t do much wrong, and seems to play well regardless of scoreline, momentum, etc.

Just a consistent quality footballer.

7 Likes

There are way worse bets for the Brownlow.

from the way he played in the JLT proves that #5 was a great choice for him

Player of the Preseason.

Best of the new recruits so far.

Just hope his body holds up to all the bash and crash of the midfield, I think he complements our mids. Shows more class than i remember him at GWS, and is quick on the fast break, goal kicking been good too so far. He can actually deliver the ball inside 50, Geez Him and McGrath delivering the ball inside 50 will be enjoyable.

1 Like

And plays angry. Just what we need!

1 Like

I’m excited by the Smith, McGrath and Zerrett combination.

Three small mids with a similar hard at it, no nonsense, unrelenting, attitude have the potential to become an elite onball unit.

3 Likes

They all tackle, and are quick to put offensive/defensive effort in, they all are good by foot with disposal, and they all have potential to go forward and kick goals.

Merretts greatest strength is his tackling ability IMO.

3 Likes

How good was that goal he kicked at the end of the quarter where he got it 40 out, and had a good 2-3 seconds to settle (an eternity in league football) but just went and swivelled and went bang in no time at all. Goal umpire didn’t move

And hitting a target in board perfectly when theres minimal space to kick it too… unreal if you ask me

1 Like

I would add Parish into that mix as well.

2 Likes

You are right. I thought Parish was taller than those three, but EFC site says he is 180cm, same height as Zerrett. I learnt something.

So we have the very exciting quadrumvirate of Smith, McGrath, Parish and Zerrett.

21 Likes

Left to right, Zerret, McGrath, Smyth, parish

10 Likes

Heppell

28 Likes

Class player and could be the best value for money trade we make out of the off-season. I like that he’s got a bit of arrogance/confidence, call it what you like. I think we’ve missed that a bit over the years, he’s come on board and he looks right at home. No adjustment period, just in the team and perform.

So Devon, iced, jam or cinnamon?

dONUT