#5 Elijah Tsatas

Did Tsatas tear his meniscus kicking the footy?

Maybe that is the problem with his technique.

Last year Tsatas in AFL games looked to me to be a slightly below average kick. He obviously wanted to change that and has gone about changing his kicking technique. You would say on limited exposed form he is bottom 5%, kid is in a ■■■■ place. Let’s hope with another preseason, hard work, continuity he gets it right and turns into a better than average kick. I can see this happening and he will in turn become a valuable contributor.

2 Likes

not helping his development with him being the sub every week…

3 Likes

Why isn’t anyone focussing on the positives? He brings something different to the team, he was the only player all night who didn’t just bomb it long and high into the forwards.

6 Likes

Coached kids a couple years at U12/13. Was so hard getting some to work on their drop punt. They would roll up and spend all their time before training trying bananas, aroun-corner snaps and dribble kicks. A few could kick a decent drop punts, but not that many. They all reckoned their drop punts were totally fine, including when they were awful.

1 Like

Tsatsas should be kicking the footy 24/7, yes, thats right, 24/7 until he nails it.

2 Likes

Thats because he cant kick more than 40m

3 Likes

The kid just needs games in him. Stop playing him as a sub, let him get some confidence

1 Like

Did he play for Gorth?
Has he been previously coached by Scott?
Has he previously worked with Scott?
If no to the above, then the answer is no.

how does he get the ball back

Pair of socks around the house practicing the ball drop and finding the sweet spot

3 Likes

Nick Martin could do with a tune up, solved

don’t tell me you did that as a kid too?

2 Likes

The guy enhanced football on Instagram does this but with a tennis ball. Has a massive clientele, even petracca goes to see him when his kicking drops off. Not sure wtf rath has been doing with tsatas.

2 Likes

Yep. Particularly for fixing my left handed ball drop for my left foot

For some reason, that has reminded me of some Jobe Watson commentary “brilliance” on Sunday, describing Nik Cox as “ambidextrous on both sides of his body”.

18 Likes

You’re new here aren’t you?

1 Like

96 what his best season iirc

the left foot set shot cox had v GC from about 45 was glorious, no indication at all it was his ‘weaker’ side. In saying that i think his left foot set shot is actually better than his right, maybe he just concentrates a little harder but maybe he actually is a left footer …

2 Likes

People keep saying that he’s changing the technique he uses to kick the ball. So is him holding the ball like a bowl of soup and then dropping it from eye level part of the new technique or the old one?

3 Likes