#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Still didn’t win most improved player

Brown & Smack are both very serviceable, grunt work types. As long as we play well as a team, I have belief they can get the job done.

But i don’t think either of them are even close to drag a team over the line types, be it on an off day for the team or when you just need that extra 1% class to help you beat a Geel/Haw/Rich type dominant side or whoever it is that pops up as the form team this year. (I hope it is us!)

Which with how close the league is atm, can make a huge difference, between challenging for the flag & fighting for the finals.

JD from 2017 just makes things happen/keeps other teams on edge.

1 Like

And 28yo is the new “Most Improved”.

2 Likes

So you don’t agree.

I thought you were going kid off

Got the cake, fanta and skeeeta now. Kids’ birthday parties sorted.

2 Likes

Do the kids eat Ham?

2 Likes

Don Smallgoods as they sit around the Blue Seas Pools

1 Like

I have a feeling the AFL/umpires will be behind us year.

Richmond went from mid 60k members to over 100k after a flag.

The AFL will see opportunity there.

1 Like

Joe definitely stepped up his training load today, came out on the track around 11:30. He was on the other oval doing sprints and agility then some short sharp leads and kicking for goal from about 25m.

He looks to be gradually building, however he did not perform any explosive movements or leap for his marks. Power must be the next progression

18 Likes

Yes aware of that but that is the twitter handle and I don’t know who the real person is so Judd Lalich it is

1 Like

Interesting. Seems he’s still a fair way off his peak. A good thing we have a lot of key forwards.

Joe practicing goal kicking from 25 out is a lot like other players practicing kicking with their wrong foot.
Addressing a problem- all positive.

2 Likes

or golfers practicing short putts.

Although the injury should have been better managed in early 2017 my research reveals the club and Joey have done everything correct since round 7- rest is the best treatment- and Joey has had plenty of it.

The fact he is sprinting although it may not be at top pace yet, shows he is well on the way to a successful comeback!!

Heaven help those opposition defenders in 2019!!!

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Please don’t remind us of the greatness we’ll never see again.

1 Like

You never reminding us of anything is something I’d like to see. :grin:

We’ve seen flashes of Joey’s brilliance. The best is yet to come.

5 Likes

Moving very gingerly. Looks quite a way off full training.