#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

No need to be a :peanuts: either :blush:

Yep we know

7 Likes

Hahaha

1 Like

The comments are to illustrate mindset. Joe wants to make footy fun, right now its not about getting it done physically. Lloyd was about seriously getting it done physically .

Ironically, getting it done physically on Sewell, ended Lloyds career.

It’s still a silly comparison.
I agree with the thrust of his point, and I think most would, but Daniher is not a Lloyd style of player and never will be.
Opponents are not going to push him around.
There actually are similar style of players playing today. Brown and Hipwood come to mind.
Why not compare him to them?

Edit: And if the player type doesn’t matter then, hell, why not compare him to Ron Andrews?

4 Likes

I agree Lloyd and Joey are totally different. Lloyd won most possessions marking out in front on the lead, hitting the turf with a 100 kg defenders knees landing on his back. The amount of physical punishment Lloyd took makes Joe look like he plays touch footy by comparison. TBH Joey neither looks like he could take that punishment nor will he ever dish it out the way lloyd did.

And nor would you expect him to, and nor is Robbo saying anyone should. I think?
Which is what makes the comparison so weird.
All anyone is asking is that Daniher be strong in the marking contest, rather than accentuating contact, and do a little more off the ball.

Wow. There’s been four posts in a row without one from Killer_Mike. Can somebody check he’s ok.

4 Likes

A lot of tall forwards are being credited with kudos for bringing the ball to ground .

I mean that’s common now. When there is an outnumber of smalls favouring your own team, a tall is encouraged to tap the ball out to them , rather than go for a contested mark, especially when many forwards face 2 or 3 up against them…

I suppose they are being compared because Lloyd is a champion of the EFC, whereas Daniher might become one

Edit. Lloyd never won a B&F , Lucas won 2 including one as a CHB, But I still regard Lloyd as a champion of the club. Funny, cos Lucas always seemed to be in Lloyds shadow.

Well, again, we have a lot of champions.
How about Salmon? Wouldn’t he be a better comparison?
I think they’re being compared because Robbo happened to talk to Lloyd.
In which case…

1 Like

We all know there are only 2 stats in the history of all stats that actually matter. Whether our score is bigger than their score when the final siren sounds; and whether I get lucky tonight.

2 Likes

Guessing that’s why you have been miserable for so long. :grin:

1 Like

I seriously doubt that Daniher will ever be as good as most expect him to become.

1 Like

Don’t upset him too much, he might stop talking about langford

1 Like

And just on that article. I don’t reckon I could count the amount of times Robbo rejoiced in seeing Daniher ‘enjoying his footy’ last year. He’s a ■■■■■■■ dimwit robbo. Not sure why his articles have to be brought to this forums attention.

4 Likes

Did you miss the entire 2017 season or something? If he can get back to that form, any improvement thereafter is a bonus

2 Likes

If he played at his 2017 form for the rest of his career I’d be ecstatic

1 Like

What a ■■■■■■ trash article. Bloke hasn’t played without OP since 2017. His stats in 2018 were down for EVERYTHING. Pressure acts, possessions, marks, tackles it was all down. Why would you compare him to Lloyd? One was 190cm the other is 200+cms. One of them predominantly led at the ball had a great pair of hands and was a lovely kick. The other has the ability to stand on someone’s head and can be unstoppable. Lloyd had an angry streak, at this stage Joe doesn’t and I don’t think he ever will. Surely the AFL world should just be happy that he’s got through his first game for a long time coming back from a pretty terrible injury. Why waste space with this horse ■■■■.

1 Like

I think your focusing on the puff pieces too much from the article. The argument was imagine if Daniher was feared and have more of a presence for crushing packs and not taking any crap. In his last game Sicily was asking for a high 5 from him. Imagine doing that Lloyd, Barry Hall or Locket… you wouldn’t have front teeth by the final siren. Daniher ruffling guys heads, that’s not intimidating. Dusty and Buddy are probably the most intimidating players in the modern game, give their opponents a forcely shove when they go to them and never back down.
I’m not in full agreence and don’t think Daniher needs to go the extreme but I understand where it’s coming from, to have an influence even if your not having a great game. If he starts getting the knees up and making any loose back earn it if they want to stand in front of him, I don’t see how that makes Daniher a worse player. It should give him more opportunities.