#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

The sentiment is certainly understood. However, at some point, the call needs to be made. If it is now not a matter of fitness, but of hardness, there’s little difference where he plays, perhaps. We’ll know soon enough I suppose.

1 Like

If they aren’t confident he can complete at least 90% of the game against GWS he shouldn’t be playing.

Let smack play, and let joe build up match fitness in the vfl.

3 Likes

Can we afford to carry so many underdone players? Raz, Zerrett, Daniher, Heppell, Smith and probably McKenna.

All those players are fine.
Joey is an unknowable quantity.

I heard it’s big.

1 Like

The melts in this thread are quite hilarious.

1 Like

Round 1 v Giants

1. Name Joey at CHF and tell him he is playing.
  2. Name Smack as emergency.
  3. Fly both to Sydney.
  4. Give Joey the tap on the shoulder an hour before the game and tell him he is not playing.
  5. Give Smack a tap on the shoulder half an hour before the game and tell him he is playing.
  6. Tell Joey to stop sooking and that he needs to start putting the team first in everything he does. Eg. Stop flying for speckies at every opportunity and stop staging for free kicks if there is no opportunity for said specky. Stop telling coaches and other staff you are ready to play when you are not fit.
  7. Watch Smack kill it as he has had no time to think about it, and neither has the team or the media had time to think about Joey not playing.
  8. Play Joey round 2 at Docklands v St. Kilda and watch him kill it.
6 Likes

Cool story bro.

1 Like

Joe was not the sole reason the team played poorly. In fact he was only a small component of a much bigger problem.

2 Likes

You forgot to include the overweight Saad.
Panic properly at least.

1 Like

On that basis we can no play any of our best 22. Joey was not the problem.

How can you be so sure? They were injured for a large proportion of the pre-season and only played limited time in the JLTs

Wouldn’t it be 150%?

There’s a few variables. Whether we’re basing it on weeks, games etc etc. Either way, pencil Joey in for a Coleman.

How dare you impinge the honor of our past CHF greats?!!!

It’s the Traditional Alywn Davey CHF position in perpetuity, always has been, always will be and don’t you forget it!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Joe needs to play at the fringes of his ability. When he contributes it’s almost always when he is leaping just that bit higher than everyone else, running that bit harder than his opponent, or kicking for goal at his limits outside 55/60 where it’s harder to zone.

Look, I love the guy. But Joe doesn’t stand still, use his body, clear space etc… he also doesn’t slot the easy ones 30m out regularly enough. He’s a guy that needs to be taking leaps, running hard, kicking long to contribute.

I’d argue Joey at less than 90 to 95% is nowhere near as valuable to the team.

2 Likes

It’s hard to debate anything you’ve said. I think after last year (and rightly so) people have forgotten how good he is though.

After that nightmare Melbourne game in 17 where he kicked 1-6, i’m pretty sure he went on to kick something ridiculous like 19-3 (i’m not sure of the exact number but in that range). He was kicking them from everywhere, not just on the run outside 50 or on the fringes of his ability.

Once the bloke is up and firing again he is our biggest weapon. And a lot of people disagree, but if we have to struggle through him at 80-90% for a while until he gets there then i say so be it. If he’s close to his best by the back end of the season he could be the difference in a couple of the 50-50 games.

1 Like

Agreed. Biggest match winner

1 Like

I hear ya, he can be the difference come the second half of the season/finals… happy to give him the game time he needs, as long as there’s a Plan B KPF in games while he gets up to speed

1 Like

I’m not sure - I’m opinionated, based on watching those players a lot over the last few months.
What are you basing your opinion on?

2 Likes