#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Main reason why Daniher was given game time:

• Daniher: 100 games, 181 goals (1.81 goals per game)

• McKernan and Stewart combined: 107 games, 105 goals (~goal a game)

A fit Daniher scores roughly twice as many goals as McKernan and Stewart combined, on average. Hence, he is simply a higher priority to the team than either of those two guys.

11 Likes

Lawn just finishing being mowed. Lots of tribal gutteral blood-stirring yells coming from inside the hanger. Oirish grabbing a coffee.

3 Likes

$20 says it was Smack who “accidentally” kicked him in the calf.

7 Likes

Lets see if the club and JoeDan get can it right the third time. Third time lucky or not.

Slapped him across the legs with his neck, like a giraffe.

8 Likes

We were sh*t with him last year, then turned it around overnight without him.

We were sh*t with him in the JLT this year…

Momentum.

8 Likes

With a razer blade

1 Like

And can we seriously stop with the “we play better without him” bullshit. If you really think that you either have a very short memory or just don’t have a clue about football. Joe is a star and this is bad news. Fingers crossed he gets up for Anzac day.

5 Likes

Rushing back an underdone player for Anzac Day - what could possibly go wrong?

7 Likes

:clap:

We certainly don’t play better with an underdone Joe.

1 Like

Haha, nobody is suggesting we rush him. Fingers crossed but not likely.

It’s a good thing the reigning Premier didn’t have any recurring injuries to their best forward last year wasn’t it?

Bring in the Lav!

2 Likes

It’s the first calf ever to be torn by a kick

1 Like

I was premature about the lawn-mowing. Carnt is still farking at it. Taking his sweet time.

1 Like

Probably got a kick to the blade and is on a modified lawn mowing schedule.

This would not have happened if the club had been careful and not tried to rush the lawn mower onto the field.

2 Likes

When you get a calf tear, it actually feels like someone kicked you in the back of the leg ( at the moment the injury occurs). Immediately after that, you virtually cannot walk. Like you are anchored to the spot. It is extremely painful.
I experienced that in the first 5 minutes of a grand final due to lack of a proper warm up. I was ■■■■■■ with that as I sat on the sidelines.

We definitely play better without Joey when Joey isn’t fully fit.

The way we had structured up in the forward line in JLT was too reminiscent of our start last year.

Once we get a fully fit and firing Joey back, there is no question, we are a better team with him in it.

1 Like

That made me laugh.

1 Like