#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Now it’s this:
5 Games out

… Ranked 1st among rising injuries per season?

3 Likes

Definitely the kid in the middle wearing the scarf and giving the fist pump. :grin:

It’s a cover up. You’re all drinking the kool aid if you think it’s not. Joe was traded to Sydney in the trade period. This is all a cover up.

2 Likes

I am saying that last year we knew he was injured and they shared the ball around accordingly.

At the very least he is going to draw the best and most likely second best defender allowing others to come into the game.

In hindsight they probably should have rested him though.

OK, wasn’t looking at stats, they just seem to be better kicks at goal, more consistent - Smack in particular.

Look, I’m disappointed he’s not fit. I’ve based my expectations this year on the last 14 games of 2018 + fit Joey + Sheil, so I’m upset his break has been extended, but at the same time there’s some aspects I won’t miss - probably drawn from recent memories from early 2018 matches and recent JLT.

Hard to argue we aren’t better of with an AA 2017 Joe Daniher.

2 Likes

Frkin devastated.

2 Likes

Yes true, but you might report it as a kick in the back of the calf. When I did mine, I actually accused my opponent of kicking me.

Its certainly not a time to laugh
I am devastated for Joey
He was trying so hard to make a comeback!!

1 Like

Shhhh. Diggers might read that. Then you will be in trouble.

1 Like

GWS odds have shortened since this news broke. The bookies clearly rate Joey.

edit* actually, call me a happy clapper, but the dons at $2.30 might be worth a punt.

1 Like

It will be tough for Joey to get back in when we are 4-0 and Mckernans leading the goal coleman.
Its actually probably a good thing for the team.
they can go back to the setup they were using the last half of 2018 before mckernan blew his hammy. ie like against North.

Francis in more of a accountable goddard role for Hooker,
Zaharakis for Goddard
Shiel in for Colyer
Laverde in for Baguley
Ridley in for Dea

2 Likes

So is there any news on McGrath? Is this for real? Surely someone must be at training… @nackers

Look at the date you Goon!

11 Likes

Surely it’s more than 5 games he can’t walk straight back into the seniors when fit

Will be interesting to see. The Tigers are going to throw Lynch straight back in without JLTs or anything.

Who was the idiot who kicked him?, sack that person and send them to Gold Coast.

Rare sighting of JD at the G.

1 Like

Feel for Joe. Frustrating for him no doubt. Gee, if he’s “tweaked” his groin there’ll be ramped up Goddard style finger pointing although, another soft tissue injury on the road back from a long lay off is not uncommon. Even so, it feels like the club tried to rush him in for round 1. Hope now he gets a run in the VFL before playing in the firsts.

2 Likes
1 Like

“went for a scan and there’s a little nick in there”

I think that means a tear

1 Like