#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

No, that will be Joe’s SuperCoach starting price next year if we mess this up.

1 Like

yeah I’d like him to kick straighter, but at least he works on it, albeit with limited success.
When he says he wants to work on parts of his game, I want to see him playing in a robust fashion, as his size now should suit. He is no longer a spindly young player, and so the idea that he has to run and jump at the ball to take a mark, and every time a key position sized AFL defender denies him that, he is out of the contest, and he looks to the umpire to help him out, is what gets me frustrated.
He is no Tom Hawkins, but he could play like Brown and Cox. And with his talent, he would be better than both of them.

The facts are not everyone has the body equipped to play AFL or the mindset. You may be an elite athlete in one sport or even two and be able to cross over to another without too many difficulties. Depending on what your best sport is. For some athletes it just doesn’t work out, their body cannot take the rigours of AFL which is actually a combination of many sports.

I sometimes wonder if people have any idea how gruelling the sport of AFL really is.

1 Like

Brown and Cox who?

If its the Brown and Cox I’m thinking of he’s already far better than both.

I misread that as Big Cox, and thought, hang on, according to the Grog Squad Joey is already enormous.

2 Likes

I personally find it disgusting that our players aren’t running around the jungle WITH truck tyres. Talk about taking the soft approach

1 Like

On a good day, yes he is, but his good days are when he gets a couple of big marks, and his confidence soars. His average days are worse than Brown’s by a long way. Cox, I’m not sure what an average day for him looks like.
Brown presents, attacks the footy, makes the defender struggle to keep him from marking the ball. And he goes back and kicks a goal most times he gets a set shot.
Joe is easily kept out of a marking contest, a little body on body and he is done. If he doesn’t jump over people and take spectacular marks, he doesn’t have good days. I want him to have good days where he presents and leads, contests and holds his ground, gets a few frees because he plays strongly from the front and makes the defender infringe to beat him. Give me Brown’s average day against Joey’s average day.

3 Likes

Joe shouldn’t be brought back till he’s 100% fit. However long it takes. We can wait for the best.

1 Like

Injuries will happen and no one is going to get it perfect. They do happen in all sports the world over. And there are factors that contribute towards injuries that are out of our medical/high performance departments’ hands, that ensure this will remain the case.

But there are also many factors that are in their control, that also influence injuries. Such as training loads, and the specific adaptations that their training modalities produce. I don’t need you personally to agree with me, as I have scientific research on my side.

I think however, you misread my point. I was not bagging Crow, as others are and nowhere did I blame him personally for anything. I personally think he is doing a good job, and the best we’ve had at EFC in decades. I’m merely pointing out that your assertion that injuries have nothing to do with him, is equally as head in the sand as those pointing out it’s all his fault. The truth lies in the middle. Injuries will happen, if we have less than the rest of the comp, then he and his team are most likely doing a good job.

1 Like

Fair enough.
I disagree with that too, but we may as well let it rest here.

That’s fine, I’ll just hang on the side of science on this one.
EFC has had 1 ACL in 7 years, when the competition average is 1 per side per year. Do you think that is blind luck? Some luck maybe, but Crow and his team definitely have an influence on that just as they have influence on some of the bad.

1 Like

Listen man - you want a fight? You’re not getting a JBomber missive from me. Quote your science. You’re still talking ■■■■ to me, ok?

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re so worked up, my apologies to you. I thought we were having a simple discussion. Happy to leave it there.

If you actually want to read some research on it, PM me and I’ll send you whatever you’d like.

Will Joe get back to 2017 levels?

Better

1 Like

Was 2017 also when Hooker was played forward?

Not get your hopes up?

1 Like

Don’t bother, deckham doesn’t believe in numbers of any type.

1 Like

If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you once!

2 Likes

Conspiracy?

1 Like