#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Exactly.
It feels like lately whenever the club says anything, especially about injuries, it’s a competition on here to come up with the best reason why it’s a conspiracy.
It’s just a joke

2 Likes

Or a remake of ‘Reach For The Sky’ if indeed his leg has fallen off.
Is Heather Mills available for method acting tuition?

1 Like

Badly strained or slightly torn calf? Most definitely 4-6 weeks. Have done one myself. .

As for a kick to the calf? That was what was initially reported just hours after training. I honestly feel that is what JD felt happened to him when he came off the track - until a proper assessment was done (scan etc.). A bit like when your achilles goes - it does feel like you’ve been kicked, and maybe Joe was in a drill at the time close to other teammates and thought he was kicked. But a kicked calf is a ‘corked calf’ and would miss 7-10 days max. after the injury.

6 Likes

I think we are more likely to win round 1 without an underdone Joe.

I think we are less likely to get to finals without Joe.

The difference is we need Joe up and running, which will take a few games. We will need to take a hit at some point to get him up to speed. Once he’s back in form, our chances of winning increase.

7 Likes

Is any player ‘too good’ to not have 1 or 2 games in the VFL? Hypothetically, we sit 3-2 prior to Anzac Day coming off a strong win over North after kicking 18-20 goals - a win over the Filth sets our season right up at 4-2…Daniher is available - would the selection committee really throw him straight back in? I wouldn’t. Yet for Hooker (who may also be ready at the same time), I would.

2 Likes

Yeah alright, turn down the defence just a tad

Have you EVER seen a player miss 4-6 because he was kicked in the calf? I haven’t. So questions are asked because that’s what we all read What’s the big deal? Maybe he did do a calf. Maybe he didnt. It’s a forum.

3 Likes

I think we will know more when Crow does his injury update today or tomorrow. I would find it unlikely he would flat out lie. How would that look as far as his professional integrity goes?

Guys - try my theory on for size (from 20mins ago - see above). Joe pinged his calf, which often feels like you are kicked. Told support staff this and was initially reported as such. Not until it cooled down and then assessed then it was realised it was strained/torn.

1 Like

For me it is about how the player returns from injury. Some players can get straight back into it. Others need weeks to return to form.

Joe has demonstrated that he is more category b. I would definitely bring him back through the twos.

Clubs lie all the time

Fk me a few weeks ago, we told lavender he was no good and that’s it, no point continuing on. His old man, basically said as much on here. We spun it, as he chose to retire so it looked better for him. Huge shock. People dont think ALL clubs (not just is) tell little white lies to make things look better for themselves? Harley bennell is a great example

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s totally true. Based on the JLT about half of our best 22 should be coming back through the 2s. It’s a big unknown how he’d go in a real game.

1 Like

He will have had a year off by the time he’s fit. Surely gets a few VFL games first

3 Likes

Calf injury? They’re milking it…

12 Likes

You’ll have the veal as you’re here all week?

1 Like

Shut your osso buco

3 Likes

Nick is Nu-Kane Cornes

1 Like

So because they massaged a story about a player leaving the club, they also invented a calf injury?

Everything you post is either reactionary crap without a moments thought or consideration whatsoever, or wild over the top conspiracies that you’ve put too much thought into. Try to find some sensible middle ground

2 Likes

RIP in peace Joey

see you in 2020 maybe

Harsh

How many calf Joe Daniher injure?

Edit: Apologies if this has already been done before, but there is no ■■■■■■■ way I’m reading through 1000 conspiracy posts.