#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Kings little rant made less sense and was more opaque than the various Christchurch conspiracy idiots theories.

Nick Riewoldt was a great football player. But that’s about all based on what I’ve heard from him so far.

4 Likes

Hmm, it doesn’t make sense in this case to not be honest. If it really is Joe hasn’t done enough and still requires another 6 weeks to get touch and required fitness they wouldn’t go with the calf injury.
The mismanagement is plausible, get him ready to go for round 1 not JLT 1 & 2. However watching JLT he was so out of touch that he badly needed those hit outs. He would of embarrassed himself if he’s first game was the season proper.
As for calf injuries and although he’s sounds like a rarity calf injuries are very common injury coming back from a set back or upping loads.
My guess is the timing is a couple of weeks to get the calf right and a few weeks of building fitness, confidence so he can come back and play at his highest level. I get the feeling he didn’t think he was capable of his best and this gives him time to come back at full throttle.

2 Likes

I don’t think 6 weeks for a calf tear is that unheard of or unreasonable.

6 weeks for a ‘kick’ to the calf though, is absurd, which I think Riewoldt is saying.

Yes, it may have felt like a kick but that wouldn’t be in reality what the causative factor was.

I think we are just guilty of not being as clear and direct in our initial press release as we should have been that’s all.

IDGAF if Joe makes it back or not. We’re going to win the flag, with or without him.

2 Likes

His sock.

HIS SOCK.

2 Likes

It is easy to disagree.

I cant remember anybody saying in December or January that JD would not make it for Round 1.

And in early January all the comments were how JD’s OP was progressing well and how he would have been back in full training except for an illness (viral conjunctivitis).

People just making ■■■■ up.

AFL 360 Joe/Essendon holding a presser tomorow.

Tht was on afl 360??

He’s done for the year isn’t he?

1 Like

Hmmm… interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah they said he/we will be talking tomorrow. They don’t know what about but made assumptions about his injury.

That isn’t good. ■■■■.

1 Like

I am caught between wanting to troll the worriers, and not wanting to be banned prior to the season start.

3 Likes

He is cooked

COOKED

2 Likes

Who knows, he might be wanting to set the record straight given the comments from Riewoldt…

He’s Sydney bound.

HE’S SYDNEY BOUND.

5 Likes

Doesn’t every club have to put forward a player for press in the first half of every week? Maybe because Joe is injured and not running it makes sense to put him up for it.

1 Like

“I’m playing round one, we were just joking lel”

5 Likes

Shiel did one today

1 Like

Are we really giving credit to what Dr Nick thinks?

1 Like