#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I find it odd that a calf was all you popped.
Mildly surprised you’re still around to post.

To put it another way, a young professional athlete risks a minor muscle injury. From your self assessment you were risking resuscitation.

3 Likes

there’s a very funny scene in Phoenix Nights

1 Like

We do not have a “kick-off”, it is a bounce down !

By the start of the game, after I’ve had those pregame beers, it’s definitely time to kick off!
Which, given who’s umpiring, will probably be a ‘balls up’ rather than a ‘bounce down’.

3 Likes

Not funny for those who
Have a disability

Never heard it called that. “Ball up” perhaps.

Oh. My. Good. God !

Political correctness gone mad.

FYI — you don’t have to have a (permanent) disability to use a wheelchair.

2 Likes

I do agree that in general terms the umpire is known to ball up at the beginning of the game, but he actually bounces the ball down (at present at least), and I was making a meaningless response to “kick off”.

1 Like

The joke had nothing to do with anybody with a disability. It was about Joes groin being ■■■■■■. You’re the one making the wheelchair/disability link. You realise wheelchairs aren’t just for people with disability’s right? I’m always very sensitive to how these things might be interpreted but you’re just being an idiot.

1 Like

Upon reflection it is understood your comment was meant to be tongue in cheek and not intended to offend, However the knee jerk response was because I know people who are wheelchair bound who do not appreciate “wheelchair jokes”. In hindsight yes agree it was an overreaction given the context- comment withdrawn.

5 Likes

Thanks mate. Sorry i only got angry because i wouldn’t make a joke like you implied. All good.

4 Likes

Some truth in that :smiley:

I owe an apology here. I’ve been a big fan of Joey but I did think he was the source of confusion/congestion in our forward structure. Think I debated it with a few posters as well.

Clearly I was wrong, as we were equally (if not more) woeful than we were at the start of last year.

3 Likes

i was in a wheelchair for half of 2014, i attended a game at the g. jobe was sent off with the blood rule, some opposition pelican yells out “do you want a wheelchair watson, ya sook?” i replied with a “it’s ok, he can borrow mine”. got a good laugh form those surrounding and the oppo supporter felt like a bit of a clown.

cool.story.bro.

9 Likes

How many week joe daniher return?

Has he had a further set back? Still 3-4 weeks away

That’s about right. It was listed as a 6-week calf injury initially…

4 weeks until the next presser

1 Like

This poor bloke is Gumbleton Mark V.

Joey should be OK for the finals in 2021