#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

'zactly.

He’s probably too busy making movies.

1 Like

There seems to be a trend here. Maybe we should not let players play their last game.

2 Likes

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood…

He’s cooked

1 Like

struggle to believe there is truth in this statement

1 Like

Must say I was surprised to him them say it and I’m not entirely sure it’s true either.

We are def hard to score against which is aligning with pressure aspect, we just haven’t been able to score effectively ourselves

Getting plenty of opportunity but fwd structure breaking down (personnel) / missing goals (poor skill execution)

2 Likes

I distinctly remember players and coach at the start of last year saying we only needed to work on our defence. They were so arrogant about how perfect the forward line already was from 2017 it was just going to take care of itself, especially with Stringer and Smith added to the mix.

Now our forward line is decimated, our midfield is mid strength and our backline is held together by two ageing guys in Hooker and Hurley on the wrong side of 29.

1 Like

Smith has been at half pace all year.

Joe - I’m coming to terms with my grief.
I"m just disappointed. 12 months off and it wasn’t possible to fix.
Has any other player ever had 12 months off from this injury and then have it reoccur?
We finally get a player who could potentially be top 10 in the AFL and their career ends. Its hard to take.

1 Like

What a disaster.

Is there any way of resurrecting the 2011 Elimination Final Match Day Thread ?
Moderators ?
I’d be really interested in reading that again.

1 Like

By the sound of it, the doctors have done what is responsible, not what was easy, and it simply hasn’t worked out. Such is the way with the human body.

7 Likes

i’m sure they are still telling us there’s nothing to worry about with the saga and it’ll all blow over.

the simplest way you can put it all is, Dan richardson today in his interview said it was the rigors of playing AFL again that re injured it.
So why was he rushed back so quickly to the “rigors” of afl football standard ? and why if there were plans to ease him back, where they not adhered too ?

those are the 2 biggest issues to come out of this, and they do need answering, not swept under the rug and hidden by the continued defending by the usual zealots on here.

1 Like

If only we had known that this was what he would be subjected to.

5 Likes

Gotta say, I cannot disagree. Our reluctance to send players for surgery baffles me at times. Colyer & Fantasia last year were rested for 6 or so weeks early in the year only to have surgery after that time which cost them a big chunk of the season. Not sure where this reluctance to operate comes from.

3 Likes

Because ultimately the players have the final say on what treatment they receive, and recovering from surgery is horrible, so if they can avoid it they will?

3 Likes

They’re Reasonable questions however I suspect there was a degree of inevitability all this.

In my completely unqualified opinion he was always likely to relapse owing to his awkward kicking and running mechanics. He’s not exactly the most technically correct athlete Joe and I saw no indication on his return that he’d corrected those mechanical issues.

By contrast remember when hooker completely changed his running posture to address persistent hamstring issues. I’ve not read or heard of Joe taking any similar remedial action to help with this issue.

5 Likes

The players deciding on what medical procedure best suits their lifestyle?

I hope you are wrong on that one.

3 Likes

even if they did take the cautious approach and brought him back from the 2’s there was always a chance of re injury, there’s no question, for a multitude of reasons, as you mention above being one.

The issue still is, they took the cautious approach in not operating, only to rush him back into the afl straight away, severely underdone, counter intuitive to their cautious approach up until that north game.

1 Like