#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

Fark Both! Hopefully not at the same time, taking a King Henry would’ve been a nightmare :joy:

1 Like

The fact you think the club shouldn’t be seriously looking into this issue is simply dumbfounding. If a review or report confirms that the approach taken was correct then all good - but I’m highly skeptical that absolutely everything was done 100% perfectly.

I remember hearing a speech from someone who flew the Flying Roulettes. After each flight they debriefed as a team to understand exactly what they did well and what could have been done better. You know what they never got things 100% right. This was despite never having a serious accident.

If the Essendon Football Club as a professional sporting organisation isn’t looking at everything it does in fine details then the organisation is more screwed than Joe’s groin. Imagine if we hadn’t taken any learnings from the saga because we thought we got everything right.

3 Likes

Agree

1 Like

I can’t stop what people talk about on here.

It’s what they do.

No not everyone does but most do. If some one can’t get it at the club they begin with, they look elsewhere. And; why wouldn’t you? Its like a getting a big promotion winning a flag.
All of a sudden you go from being a player to being a premiership player, your worth as a player and a person changes. And as we are finding out, they are hard to win.

In most cases I’d say you can add zero qualifications, zero experience, zero experience working in a professional sporting club or at a professional level in any organization for that matter, zero experience playing sport, zero experience coaching sport etc etc.

Just a bunch of footy supporters who spend their lives commenting on a fan forum and believing they are all of the above. That the majority think they could do a better job is actually hilarious.

3 Likes

Shut this thread*. Wish Joe well for the surgery, recovery, and 2020.

*Sarcasm. Where would we go to weep if we shut this thread?

the biggest thing I would add is - what on earth else would the club say at this point?

Yea, we ballsed it up bigtime? expecting a lawsuit?

I mean geez, the “external communication” is of absolute zero relevance in times like these. It is damage control and nothing else.

SEASONGONE?

WTF?

Joe Daniher.

Shouldn’t have had a beer.

4 Likes

just caught up on the news, huh?

1 Like

Geez what a load of dribble. The club constantly reviews things so stop carrying on like they don’t.

2 Likes

Nope. 2 years apart. And yeah, going to the loo was a different experience.

Not asking you to. I was extending on your comment about Joe’s professionalism being questioned.

I agree. I’m talking about players feeling the losses as much as supporters. Not their loyalty to a particular club. I think what you’re saying kind of backs that up.

My comment is in direct response to @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS who is convinced that the fitness team did everything right and wouldn’t be reviewing their processes as couldn’t have done anything better.

I would like to think the club is constantly reviewing things. Unfortunately the way we have started the past 2 seasons leaves me skeptical on if we are. We shouldn’t be making the same mistakes again.

Good point. We are constantly making the same mistakes as a club

1 Like

Was going to say, taking a Henry with just one operated on was a mission.
The drugs were awesome though :joy:

1 Like

I just ticked off the review of the fitness staff as to the management of Joe D’s OP, but note that it’s still an ongoing process so I can’t elaborate any further at this stage.

2 Likes

I’m totally with you.

There only seem to be two people in the world who believe Essendon couldn’t possibly have mismanaged this and apparently they’re both posting in this thread

1 Like