#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Agree but we aren’t going to make finals unless we have players like him that can generate 10 shots on goal.

Noonan’s dead? I didn’t even know he was sick…

Nah. It was their socks. They needed to pull them up.

#standbyskipworth

The real one died in 2011

Tread title should be changed to “#6 Joe Daniher - Elite In-Accuracy from 30m”

Sorry, but those shots of him mucking around and hugging Hibberd and laughing after finally getting a goal, is total rubbish.
He needs to drop this “fun running around the backyard attitude” and concentrate and doing what he’s paid to do.
After missing 6 getable goals, he had no right to be laughing as it costs us big time.
All that hard work up the ground by the team is just being wasted by his attitude.
He needs to be far more professional and save the fun stuff for after the game!

4 Likes

solution get rid of skipworth and bring in a better fowards coach

2 Likes

Surely taking the pizz.

He’s been copping it in the media and perhaps deservedly so.

He honestly needs to do whatever he needs to do to become a better player whether that means he hires a kicking coach himself or have a chat to one of the forward greats.It is a fixable problem for him at any rate.

Needs to become a better player?? He’s pretty fkn good already, & will only get better.

He just needs to kick straight more often, that’s it,… & I’m assuming that’s what you mean.

Just wondering, … I see Hooker, EVERY time he has a shot from a mark, be it boundary, or 30 out right in front, … he takes his time, takes some deep deep breaths, & stills the mind completely before taking the shot.

Have I just missed it … or is JD not really doing that?

2 Likes

Am sick of people showing personality in the game. How dare he look like he is enjoying playing a game he loves, it is ridiculous and I am sure, totally sure that if he looked sadder he would kick straighter.

30 Likes

But don’t be expressionless like Langford because then you are either not trying or a sociopath.

23 Likes

Blame should extend to the supporters as well. So many of us “celebrated” his goals on ANZAC day. We got ahead of ourselves. We are Essendon supporters and Joe is an Essendon player. We have no right to enjoy the game.

4 Likes

Get Raz or Green to run around behind him for the handball and snap kick.

Problem solved.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have had mentally weak players like this who celebrated… Oh wait.

I don’t give a ■■■■ about his celebrations. I just want him to employ a coach, a professional kicking coach that has had measurable success at other clubs. The idea that he is just going to work it out through hard work and the occasional word from Skipworth drives me ■■■■■■■ mad. This guy is our most important asset. He must be under the tuteledge of the best kicking coach in Australia and if he isnt then we are ■■■■■■■ derelict in our duty as a club.

6 Likes

Get him down to greenvale auskick or strathmore auskick.

they’ve got some freaky skills in their u11s/13s

Yeah, it’s small minded to question his passion for the game and the way it manifests itself through his youthful enthusiasm. Absolutely love it. It’s pure. It’s real.

Problem is his apparent stubbornness at not wanting help to work on his deficiencies (hi Kyrgios, hi). Sad (in a footy sense) because he’ll never reach his potential if he keeps going the way he is + he’ll continue to let down his team mates and club.

One of the most frustrating aspects of Danihers game yesterday was how he decided to go for glory outside 50 (as the Melbourne player was shutting down his space) in the first while Green was free in the pocket. Instead of passing he bombs away without troubling the scorers. He’d already missed a couple at this stage …

1 Like

Green was probably free in the pocket when he went for glory against the pies too