#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

He’s cooked.

HE’S COOKED.

9 Likes

How the f**k do our two most important talls do calfs days before the first game?

6 Likes

No issue with this one. They had to know whether he could get through the round 1 match.

Terrible that it has happened, but much better to have happened now, rather than 5 minutes into the 1st Qtr round 1.

Get well Joe.

Will definitely be forced to come back through the VFL now.

8 Likes

waiting for the melts…

Melting!
Just when I had a smidgen of hope JD might actually play footy again,this happens. RIP JD.

8 Likes

Absolutely pathetic management of a prize asset. Might as well write off half Daniher’s year now. Will take him a minimum of 3 to 4 to get up and running after he is fit.

Effectively 18 months of his career ruined by poor management. Poor by player and club.

1 Like

please in detail explain why its bad management?

im a bit naive on this stuff…

1 Like

I’m puzzled. How do you miss 6 weeks with a “kick” to the calf?

Fk me.

1 Like

Feel for Joe. The lad just wants to play!

How can anyone be bagging the club for poor management though?

He’s had the fkkkknnn slowest build up ever and they have backed him off at any sign of soreness in the groins (which this also could be!)

Injuries happen in footy and this one just one of those things. Perhaps even because he’s been out so long and the ramping up of playing /training didn’t cope with.

In any case I know I was worried about our fwd structure with an underdone JD in it. Now he will he forced to be ready to go perhaps even with 2’s games, and our very strongly functioning fwd line of the latter half of last year can be back again.

8 Likes

maybe they are trying the old “tell em its 6 weeks and everyone will be excited when he’s back earlier than that?”

1 Like

I’ve seen worse kicks to the calf.

13 Likes

might have to change the thread title here.

5 weeks, lets us put smack in the team which i like.

And hopefully Daniher gets right.

I Still wonder if it is a calf, or OP or want to give him a mini preseason as he wasnt quite up to scratch in the JLT.

1 Like

Both our bookends out with serious calf injuries. Lid on.

Why were they ■■■■■■■ playing him in the ruck the last two weeks?

For someone that knows nothing, you sure talk a lot of ■■■■.

12 Likes

Step 1 - Get OP
Step 2 - Recover from OP
Step 3 - OP Flares up again
Step 4 - Tell club doctor
Step 5 - Doctor kicks you in the calf
Step 6 - Doctor reports “kick to calf”.

30 Likes

If it was just a kick to the calf, then it’s hardly a case of mismanagement by the club.

edit: in light of @samwoods’ post above, it damn well IS a case of mismanagement FFS

Yep. Playing him in the ruck was smart.

RIP Joe
See you in 2020