#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

• Poor JLT
  • Hooker injured calf
  • Daniher injures calf
  • several key players underdone

It’s been a ■■■■ pre season.

2 Likes

Joe having a calf Injury is as truthful as Luke lavender choosing to retire

I don’t think we have managed him badly this pre season at all. The groins have just flared up after a couple of games. OP is brutal

1 Like

why on earth where (sic) Smack and Stewart not given playing time!

Fair comment

But do not underestimate either of them- they both have great courage and can play. Both should be selected in this team

I am not laughing at all

Crying more like it!!

1 Like

???

1 Like

You think that midfield group is going to take us to a flag ? Still 2 quality onballers away imo.

Is the kick to the calf comment just the usual Blitz ■■■■ take or is there a credible source somewhere who has said it was a kick to the calf.

The AFL.com article says its a tear.

I usually have a laugh but ■■■■ me Im so ■■■■■■■ disappointed I cant laugh at this

This is from the EFC site.

1 Like

At least it’s not the old EFC “knock to the calf” that would be career over.

1 Like

I think I would be in the very very minority here, but the team is better without him. I honestly would use him as trade bait.

4 Likes

Stuff happens. As a contact sport you can’t avoid 100% crap stuff from just happening. If it was an impact injury as stated by the club then that stuff can happen anytime during an actual game. He’s important to us, but no player should be essential to your success. If we are any good then we’ll cover for him. We have to anyway - don’t have a choice.

As for Joey - he’s going to be one of those players you just fear for, expecting bad news during games and training. i.e. We’ve had a few of those at Essendon over the years As do other clubs.

2 Likes

Interested in your logic. Do you think we focus on him too much? Not reliable enough? Structures don’t work as well when he’s playing?

What should have been.

1 Like

TBF Essendon has employed a rodeo clown in the past, who did program excessive training volumes for players, which did result in injuries.

(I haven’t got an issue with the medical team. I just wanted to post about rodeo clowns.)

9 Likes

he was never going to get through round one unless on reduced minutes which they stated would be the case…as someone else said as much as they talk it up he was nowhere near ready for JLT…

He doesn’t mark the ball enough, terrible shot at goal, gets out bodied to easy, we do look for him way too much, doesn’t have that hard edge we need. I know he is a young forward that he has been injured lately but I could go on and on about his football problems

3 Likes

maybe full time ruck could be his calling.

I’ve seen some utter tripe written hear lately, but this tops them all.

6 Likes

So in this alternate reality where Joey is a ■■■■ footballer, did he fluke all 65 of his 2017 goals? Most forwards can only dream about doing that.

4 Likes

Trade him for a crips type mid