#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Nick has clearly been living under a rock and never heard of the Windy Hill Flu.

We have upgraded now and are running with the Tullamarine Calf.

7 Likes

Dan Richardson’s comments different to what JD said anyway, which was he felt it was tight after training. And waited overnight to see if better and wasn’t so they got a scan.

Was nothing about being kicked.

I’m not sure DR did a great job in his presser!

Found it interesting last week when Lyon quizzed Heppell on Joe’s commitment to football.
Something along the lines of whether playing AFL was his soul focus.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me the club has a habit of telling porkies when it comes to injuries if Joes OP flared up then just say it.

1 Like

Riewoldt has an axe to grind with Joey. And he’s never known a calf injury to take six weeks? Give me a break. First of all they said 4-6 weeks and second of all why didn’t he mention Hooker, or Wingard who will probably be over 6 weeks by the time he comes back from a calf?

1 Like

I reckon your a bit naive if you think Joe has a calf issue

5 Likes

Yep. Can’t ignore how much it helped Joe have the season he had

1 Like

It’s definitely suss but you would think that if they were going to make up an injury they wouldn’t be stupid enough to say calf to a 25 year old. They would go with hammy or something

It’s tinfoil time.

6 Likes

Essendon sucks at self reporting

4 Likes

That’s just crazy-talk!

I know right? These conspiracy theories are wearing thin. Like the club would have any hesitation to say his OP pulled up sore after the JLT.

I didn’t see what he said, but did it go like this:

"I’m very disappointed - shocked is probably the best word. I believe I followed processes, we put in place the right sort of processes.

‘‘My understanding is I worked within the framework given to me by the Crow and Woosha
‘‘I’m shocked to be sitting here.’’

1 Like

It is prime membership selling time so they dont want any bad news out there. However, he may just have a calf injury. I hope so.

It is very much plausible that his groins have pulled up sore, and most likely the case. They are not going to say this though after his management last year. WTF is expected when you get told a bloke who’s calf was “kicked” will miss 4-6. The story has changed a little since that was said, which generally means, its not true.

You know as well as I do, club’s lie about injuries, lots of things. All of them do. It’s not a shot at the club and me being a gloomer, its more than likely the case.

1 Like

But they’ve been saying all pre-season that once he starts playing in match sim, JLT etc, he might very well pull up sore and have to be rested again. They’ve put it out there as a very real possibility over the last few months. Why would they then go and make up a different injury?

1 Like

Did any of the tin foil hat brigade actually listen to Joey’s press conference?
If they did, and still claim a club conspiracy, surely they are also nominating Joey for a Gold Logie anda successful career in acting post footy.

He spun such a believable story it must’ve fake

1 Like

Career in acting you say?

2 Likes

I hope that when he comes back he has used the time to study his game and work on his deficiencies.

Too often he is trying to take mark of the year and either dives forward because he flies too early or gives away a free kick.

He needs to use his height and jump to sometimes just half a contest that is 1 v 2 against us. It just seems like that it’s either doing the spectacular or allowing the defender to take an easy mark.

If he sticks to the basics whilst using his strengths I feel like it’ll benefit the team as a whole more

1 Like

So he’d be starring in… Home and Away

4 Likes