#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Luna Park, just for fun.

1 Like

It’s hard to turn his groins into chicken salad when they’re chicken ****.

What happened at Joey’s earth shattering Tuesday press conference?
The one where ‘respected’ posters were warning us to brace for tragic news?

I can’t seem to find any references to it.
Not to mention any ‘Whoops, I was wrong’ from those reliable sources.
I know its the internet where no one is ever wrong but I might just quietly question a few peoples track record next time the apocalypse is predicted.

10 Likes

You’re wrong.

7 Likes

All I hope is that when Joey returns, he is fit and 100% ready to play at his best levels. If that’s Round 4, great. If it’s Round 10 then so be it. He’s too important a player to run into the ground or be playing him half-fit.

4 Likes

indeed - and I hope he can stay injury free for long stretches. Nothing worse for him and the team to be on that knife-edge of a niggle here and a bad whatever there so he is constantly in and out of the side.

You both are right.

2 Likes

Joe is very much a rhythm and confidence player. Getting his body right is one thing, managing his form is another and the club has to date failed to make the tough calls on his form. I’ll be pretty ■■■■■■ of we bring him straight in only to watch him pissfart around for a month which would likely cost us games.

We shouldn’t be afraid to let him build confidence and rhythm by torching a vfl side or two.

8 Likes

Incorrect.

Everyone (on the internet or otherwise) knows that two wrongs don’t make a right.

1 Like

Wot we thought Andrew.
Worsfold clarifies the situation in the Age report:

Essentially, Joey thought he had been kicked in the calf. Reported it as such, but it was actually a tear, which feels like a kick to the calf when it happens.

“…But Worsfold said Daniher may have been mistaken in how the injury occurred, as the sensation of straining his calf could have been similar to that of copping a kick to the leg during training…”

2 Likes

Incorrect
The above lists one wrong & two rights -“both”
If you count those rights as being awarded one each to the wrong and to the ‘always right / no one is ever wrong’ then you end up with
1 both Wrong & Right
2 both Right/ never Wrong
Unless you count your own wrong, which may cancel out Number 1, but adds to Number 2 to total 3 Rights.
Clear?

Its Friday-47 & 3/4 hours to kick off.
God I need a beer!

2 Likes

Yes, but you assume playing in the VFL will allow him to build confidence and rhythm, some players are at their best in the bigger games, Joe may be one of these.

thats some peak essington arrogance there

1 Like

I still find it odd that a kid in his mid 20s, well hydrated and eating well, coming off a slow build up in a managed recovery program run by experts, would pop a calf.

I popped a calf when I ran 5km and then tried to play a basketball game when I was out of shape, 35, 95kgs, and full of greasy ■■■■ because I was hungover.

1 Like

Was he shoving ping pong balls into a clowns mouth when he told you?

4 Likes

He was in a wheelchair.

He’s pretty tall I am sure he could still reach

1 Like

Spraying ping pong balls everywhere?

3 Likes

Ok this is getting dangerous!

2 Likes

i put that into google trying to find a gif…um…not what i expected

4 Likes