#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Finally! I didn’t think we were going to defend all year.

24 Likes

FROTHIES DANIHER

1 Like

I hope they play him for 3/4 in the VFL easter weekend with a mind to play him anzac day or the week after

Do NOT fk this up

7 Likes

Straight in vs North!!

But yes agreed he should have managed minutes in VFL first. Irrespective of whatever mini preseason they may be putting him through.

He’s back.

HE’S BACK.

1 Like

He actually bought and carried my pint to me at the yarra a couple years ago MID SEASON

5 PINT CARRY

4 Likes

What beer was he drinking?

WHAT BEER?

NOBLE BOY innit

1 Like

Not stupid at all. He hasn’t played a proper game in about 12 months. He should play at least 1 game in the VFL before he comes back in

1 Like

There goes our cafe culture! We’ve worked on that for years.

1 Like

Put him in against North. Richmond did it with Lynch with less of a pre-season and no match sim. Then Hooker can go back and hold Brown by the scruff of his neck.

3 Likes

Heavy forbid a football player enjoy a few quiet beers on a Saturday evening. What a nonsense story. Can’t wait to see Joe back out on the field. Let’s hope all his “Labour isn’t in Vain”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-has-backed-joe-danihers-decision-to-drink-as-he-recovers-from-a-serious-calf-injury/news-story/42ef36c3788c961ce661f29433c5705b

Essendon has backed Joe Daniher’s decision to drink as he recovers from a serious calf injury
SAM LANDSBERGER

April 9, 2019 5:59pm

Essendon has defended star forward Joe Daniher’s decision to enjoy a few beers while injured on Saturday night.

The full-forward — who has not played since Round 7 last season — was seen drinking with friends at Labour in Vain in Fitzroy as he continues to recover from a significant calf problem.

1 Like

Said Sam Landsberger while eating a steaming pile of ■■■■ and wondering what his life of “journalism” has come to.

■■■■.

5 Likes

I have family member wheelchair bound too. If @Lance84 was joking that’s ok to me. It was not directed against wheelchairs or all the users of them. It was at Joe’s physical demise. It was not directed at anyone else and anyone injured can use a wheelchair or crutches. If he was inferring injury and being comical then what’s the problem? Wheelchairs are for everyone that need them. Not just for people that are wheelchair bound long term. They are a great invention. We should be able to talk about wheelchairs like an item of clothing not like stigma of disability. The people in them are still people. The scope of wheelchair use is very large.

6 Likes

He tipped the dees by 80 points in the paper last week, must be bitter.

3 Likes

that’d be a Melbourne Bitter

21 Likes

“FOOTBALLER ENJOYS BEER”

We have reached bottom of the barrel journalism.

1 Like

I don’t think we have reached the bottom just yet.

Sam was one of the first to get there. Came into journalism late so has no money to make, so needs to invent stories to try and “earn” a living.

I am outraged that a young bloke who plays football has a few quiet beers with some mates while injured.

Someone should do something about this.