#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Play him in the 2’s, get him on an actual outdoors oval, chain off, rucking and clunking. Marvel is poor prep for Anzac Day and Nth defenders are dirty ■■■■■.

2 Likes

To me it’s almost like it’s better he doesn’t play seniors until the Cats game.

Too big of a risk vs North for a full game

If plays VFL then only a 5 day break into Anzac Day. But if it is just a half wouldn’t be so bad.

Is a half of VFL footy enough preparation given his layoff for what is going to be a very intense Anzac Day though?

I don’t know how they looking at it but to me if were really taking the conservative route and get him cherry ripe for senior footy both fitness and touch wise it’s:

Half in VFL this week. Full game VFL next. And then ready to roll vs Cats.

That said he’s a match winner (if fit and in form) so if he was able to perform at a high level Anzac Day it would help us a lot.

9 Likes

Stopped reading the article after the first two words…

5 Likes

1 Like

Spot on, gradual build up & then play the Cats

1 Like

There is no chance, him being declared fully fit and ready to play full game time, that he doesnt play anzac day now. Its just a question where he plays this week

The way people use stats is so infuriating. Our average scoring in early rounds last year has very little to do with Joe Daniher playing.

1 Like

Also, it’s not ‘Champion Data’ stats that show our average score. They might have invented some pressure rating thing, but FMD they don’t own goals and behinds.

1 Like

There are many sensible reasons to play Daniher in the VFL. The fact that the seniors play north under the roof is not one of them

2 Likes

If they could afford to play Bellchambers 71% time on ground last week, then they can afford to play JoeDan 50% forward, 20% ruck, 30% bench this week.

1 Like

I disagree. Fight me

2 Likes

They’ll probly give him 50% game time in the 2s or play him really deep, what with the short turnaround and all.

His sock.

HIS SOCK

5 Likes

The always say “he’ll play” when a returning player resumes in the AFL. Zero chance of AFL selection.

…no

1 Like

You put your Joey in
You put your Joey out
You put your joey in an shake them all about
You do the Joey Pokey and turn the team around and

that’s what’s it’s all about!

5 Likes

V Collingwood is the same 4 points as V North.

I hope they play him this week.

1 Like

Lol, exactly.

Personally as much as I think JD could do VFL time, a fit but underdone JD still gets a run against the tins. Hopefully kicks a goal or two but at least brings it to ground for the smalls.

I’m ok with that.

1 Like

“I’m don’t know if he needs it - I’m just saying I would”

5 Likes