#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I found some footage of the team helping him with his conditioning.

1 Like

Merrett on AFL360 - really wants Joey out there for Good Friday.

1 Like

That was a damn long club suspension.

7 Likes

I bet he won’t lie to them again

1 Like

last time he handballs to Green like that

9 Likes

I thought Daniher at the time of the injury was given an extra week or two to work on his fitness and conditioning. He even said something along the lines of he can be selfish with his time and work on some things to get himself to a higher standard.
I think he’ll play.

2 Likes

In Crowe’s injury update he said: “his groins and his back have been good over the last few weeks…”

Wait a minute, he’s had a bad back as well? Is that part of OP?

1 Like

I’m inclined to agree. I think he will play ANZAC Day and that being the case he will either play limited time against the Roos on Friday or do a training block on Friday morning at the club.

IMO in an ideal scenario, I would prefer he plays at least two matches in the VFL, let him get some touch and build confidence at a level he should be clearly superior at then unleash him against either Geelong or Carlton but I do think the club will want to play him in the biggest game outside of the finals.

It was his back groin.

2 Likes

If he doesnt play on Friday, I blame that one beer he drank at a friends farewell a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Timmy & Lyon say VFL this week for JD

I read New_Coleman’s post to mean that Crow’s groin and back have been good over the last few weeks. I’m happy for Justin that’s the case. Nice to know he’s doing well. But I’m not sure of the relevance or that we are interested.

1 Like

65% game time VFL this week.

90% game time VFL next week.

Bring him in against the Cats.
That’s what should happen after a year off with OP and his less than inspiring JLT performances.
I do agree that we will play him ANZAC Day though, just don’t expect much.

3 Likes

Me too. I’ve got us penned in for a win this week and a loss on ANZAC. Dropping this game would be far more detrimental to our season than losing to Collingwood.

If he’s ready then play him now. Don’t hold him off for ANZAC.

Very sensible post.

Hope he plays on ANZAC Day, kicks a bag and Eddie blows a gasket.

2 Likes

I have been (and still am) all for him coming back via the VFL, but the landscape has admittedly changed with McNernan getting hurt. It is Zac Clarke currently occupying Joe’s spot and for that reason I wouldn’t mind seeing him pretty ■■■■■■ soon.

What have you heard?

If he even out of rehab yet?

fxd

1 Like

Editor: Anyone else have an opinion on whether joe daniher should play in the vfl this week?
Underling: ok, so we’ve ticked off rodney eade, tim watson, garry lyon and some other plonker. let me see who else we can ask. i’ve got it, NATHAN BURKE?!
Editor: we are done here.