#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Yep. Played pretty decent for me given where he’s coming from. I noticed he was really vocal and encouraging yesterday too.

What’s wrong with spotting up a guy in the corridor by himself 35 metres out, especially for someone of Daniher’s footskills? I’d want every player on the list doing it if the kick is on as it’s the play that’s most likely to result in a goal, which it actually did in the end.

Lets get concerned if he starts doing it when the pass isn’t there.

2 Likes

His kick looks straighter, too, btw.

3.3 tonight.

Building with support from Hooker

6 shots and numerous score involvements. Seems to go under the radar does joe but i thought he was great. Played very confidently when he was one on one too.

Is a gun.

5 Likes

Oh that chase on the wing… great effort from a big man on Hartung? (Couldn’t tell who it was)

6 Likes

All that matters is that it was some brown and yellow guy.

And it was awesome.

1 Like

The sound his left cannon made at the ground when he got hepp over the back in the third was just a thing of beauty.

He and hooker will have some clunk fests this year. Hooker should have kicked 4 too

Yes. Whoreforn’s fastest player.

Kicked ZERO OOBOTF…

Was great last night. Is as dangerous inside the 50 as Hogan, Lynch et al, but offers way more around the ground than them. Even did some nice things in the defensive 50.

What a kick to Heppell in the 3rd Phoaaaaar!!!

6 Likes

Fun fact: 3 is the most goals Joey has kicked in a round 1 match. Considering he had such a limited pre-season, 3.3 is a great effort.

Could be a big year for JD

His game was awesome on Satday night, but is anyone worried that he hasn’t really changed his kicking technique? He is still doing the odd snap around the body when he’s in front of goal on a slight angle. Will still kick heaps of goals this year but could even better himself if he has a solid routine!

Could’ve easily kicked five as well. Joe’s going to benefit massively from Hooker’s return.

And with guys like Green/Fantasia/MacT, I’m so much less concerned with Joey actually taking marks now.

Disagree. Think it’s now a confidence game. Kicked a nice drop punt and got better as the game went on.

I’d be happy if he played on and wheeled around for all of his straightish set shots. Doesn’t seem to have any problems between the ears on those. If that fails, he is 1/1 on his right foot drop punts.

I’m with you. The around the body kicks from relatively easy positions are massively concerning. Particularly in Round 1.

1 Like

Joe can play better (kicked three goals in a modest but important win, preseason hampered by injury).

Mr Hooker can play better (kicked three goals in a modest but important win, preseason hampered by injury).

Hurley can play better (unremarkable game, preseason hampered by injury).

Thank goodness we have one-year-contract spuds like Ambrose and Smack, hey?

2 Likes

Picked up at least two or three half volleys off his boot laces at full pace and disposed of it beautifully on Saturday night. Moved sensationally well at times.

6 Likes