#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Starting to play like a senior player

1 Like

Just going back and slotting it calmly. Not trying to put it into the top stand. I guess that’s all it is.

2 Likes

Maybe having a better forward line has taken the pressure off him. Used to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders. Was only one game, but huge if it’s a trend.

1 Like

What happened to him in the second half, especially last quarter. He was no where near the forward line during the last 10 minutes.
Hope he didn’t injure anything

Wooshas said no injuries in the press conference. Said the same last week but then green pulled out so make of it what you will.

Yeah it was odd wasn’t it. Don’t reckon I saw him on screen more than 2 or 3 times in the second half. Was unbelievable in the first half and I’m stoked at his set shot kicking.

1 Like

I don’t want to read too much into, but our forward line seemed entirely open in the 4th, was his job to drag his defender the fark out and let raz run the show?

fk I hate watching this sport on tv.

1 Like

Yeah perhaps it may have been. Joey in the decoy forward role to help out Razzle Dazzle?! Haha

Same as last week - he is being used as the 2nd ruckman.

As the games wears on he and McKernan need longer spells on the bench. by Q4 they are being swapped off the bench and Joe is spending virtually no time forward.

It’s remarkable has kicked 6.3 in 2 games doing this. Right now, he is the best 2nd ruck/forward in the game but our lack of a second ruckman means he is being denied the chance to be the best CHF in the game and probably kicking 5 goals, rather than 3, in the first 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I’d love for him to not have to ruck much at all, but that would probably be to the detriment of the whole team’s balance. I’m not sure we can fit in two ruckmen plus Joe and Hooker without compromising our forward line pressure.

Coaches threw him in the ruck to break up Martins dominance over Smack. Worked and we turned the game. Smack came back on and was decent for the last 8-10 mins.

5 Likes

He was floating back taking intercept marks and rattling their forwards

They didn’t kick a single goal in the last fifteen minutes.

2 Likes

I was very concerned at the end of the pre season about Joe, but his start has been excellent. Moving around the ground, taking marks, kicking goals and making others happen.

Has directly earnt us 30+ points in each game I reckon.

he a gun. find me a more mobile 200cm forward

2 Likes

Could legit kick 10 next week against FC

Has got a serious catalogue of big grabs behind him already. Another ripping fly last night.

2 Likes

Yep, the giraffe has a serious leap on him.

Was it just me or did those 3 set shots seem much more relaxed? didn’t hoof the cover of it just stroked it and didn’t fall away as much on the follow through.

Yes, he definitely seemed much more relaxed and confident. Didn’t look like missing

Spot - he just aimed to kick sweetly rather than kick the ball hard.

Like in golf - swinging with a relaxed rhythm and thus hitting the ball sweetly will always send the ball straighter and longer than trying to “hit” the ball “hard”.

Joe has such great timing in his kicking rhythm he can kick the ball 50m with an action that looks like he is trying for a 20m pass.

2 Likes