#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

We had a BIG JON GILES too

1 Like

2.2 from 19 possessions and 10 marks. The kicking technique looks a lot better IMO, and yes he did miss 2 on the weekend that were gettable, but the main thing is he is getting his hands on the football. I agree with @Sugar_Winton that giving him 5-6 minutes a quarter in the ruck gets him involved if we are not getting supply to him in attack. He’s also a fair chance of getting goals from the ruck running towards goal, on the run from 50-60m he is pretty good. A decent start to the season by Joe, I really hope he drops half a dozen on the Pies Anzac Day!

1 Like

He has kicked 9.6 for the year, which is 60%. At least two of those misses hit the post, and I don’t think there are any (?) on the full as of yet?

If you’d only seen him this year, you wouldn’t even think that he has goal kicking issues.

Early signs are very encouraging.

14 Likes

Agree- he was super competitive and his body work is getting better and better.

1 Like

think there’s been a couple on the full, snaps around the corner from the pocket from memory. at any rate anyone can see his action and ball flight is significantly improved on last year.

Even though he’s missed a few, the wild shots that never look like being a goal have gone and he’s been nailing the ones he should kick.

…and kicking weird, but straight knee high floaters from 50 out

Will kick 6 ANZAC Day

5 Likes

He also isn’t getting caught wheeling around onto his left foot in general play any more. Seems like when he plays on, he always takes the first option and gets his kick away quickly. Improvement.

Despite hooker being near on useless in that first half and at various times, i think his presence has definetely helped Joe. That’s why i’d stick with hooker forward. Also i noticed in the second half hooker is very good at negating the plus one from the other team, when he hits the pack it crumbles, allows the likes of corgi and tippa to crumb. So yeh for hooker a pathetic first half, but i actually thought a very good second half and a good help to Joe. Similar to a cloke to moore last year.

2 Likes

Hooker And joe match up well against Reid and Schade. One of em will kick a bag

1 Like

Really? I can’t remember any (unless there was one in the fark carlton game), and I certainly can’t remember any from snaps.

*cough
Leigh Matthews 1985

1 Like

We have a special player on our hands. Some of the things he does at ground level and around the ground are freakish for a 200cm player.

9 Likes

yep. alot to be said about playing him up the ground more. much less pressure on him to kick bags each week and he can run any opposing big man of his feet and then inflict alot of damage, including the goals.

1 Like

He just need to nail some of those set shots now. But what a game.

CHF/back up ruck suits him so well.

What a game.

This is why he was touted as arguably the best talent anyone had ever seen come out of the TAC along with Judd.

That last goal he kicked was truly FAP-worthy.

2 Likes

Love his confidence for the ridiculous kicks from 50+ out, Scott Lucas probably been in his ear.

3 Likes

Love his attitude. Never see him drop his head, and is always putting in his best efforts. And he looks like he genuinely loves playing. Really happy for him

11 Likes

Oath. Did you see Goldsack when he came off in the last quarter? He was spent and looked like he was about to either: a) die or b) cry or c) cry himself to death.

7 Likes