#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I wanted a 70m goal on the run and he gave me 80m from the centre square.

Joe DAN

16 Likes

Even the commentators were calling him buddesque today.

Wasn’t with the rain fkn hosing down, though.

Though I did crap my pants when he kicked the first with the rain fkg hosing down. Luckily that one wasn’t from 70m,

I reckon your ■■■■■ would look alot like a bmx handgrip about now…just saying.

3 Likes

Joe ■■■■■■■ Dan

1 Like

habib pls

True no rain and I wanted it to be the sealer though that one was only 55m on the run between 4 players.

Joe’s pretty unique, IMO. He’s a factor in the square, around fifty, leading up to the wings, marking kickouts, and being a link-guy when in the ruck. When on-ball, he provides something different and I reckon we’re one of the few teams running with one-ruck-and-pinch-hitter who still show a dangerous look when the relief guy is in the thick of it. His work around the ground, in both roles, is first class.

2 Likes

Giving Treloar a don’t argue to then drop one from 55 is unscriptable. Treloar. Don’t argue. 55m goal. Too good.

1 Like

he always busts his ■■■■ for the team and it’s awesome to see him get some recognition and reward for his efforts. well done, joe.

3 Likes

Cant wait to see him in the ruck with Myers at his feet.

Just loves football.

I understand over celbrating in the first quarter can be seen as arrogant / stupid / going early.

But he genuinely just loves the game… so good on him.

I love watching him play.

8 Likes

LOVES playing Melbourne, monstered them both last year and the year before.

More of the same on Sunday please Joe

1 Like

Super impressive in the post match with Woosha

Really maturing into a champion

1 Like

Fantastic game. He really is becoming very influential. He is 2 years from being the best player in the AFL.

“UNSCRIPTABLE” - “Cannot be scripted.”

Perfect :slight_smile:

Can anyone copy this article?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/joe-daniher-could-be-the-new-lance-franklin-says-essendon-teammate-brendon-goddard/news-story/243ff8b16de85c74549f0cbd52c111e4

This bloke barely had a pre season either. What a champ!

JOE Daniher is emerging in the mould of champion Lance Franklin, according to his ­Essendon teammate Brendon Goddard.

The 200cm goalkicker became the first key ­forward to win the Anzac Day Medal since Chris Tarrant in 2001 after slotting 3.4 against Collingwood.

Goddard said Daniher’s size and athleticism reminded him of three-time premiership player Franklin.

The left-footed Bomber snapped the game’s first goal on his right foot and later launched a 60m bomb in a commanding display.

It was the lifelong Essendon fanatic’s first win on Anzac Day and he racked up 607m gained to run Magpie defender Henry Schade ragged.

“It’s kind of in the Buddy mould,” Goddard said.

“Buddy was the first to have that agility and sideways movement (with) speed as well.

“Joey’s obviously an elite mark and he moves really well — there’s not too many his size that are capable below their feet like he is with his agility and sideways movement.

“He’s a special talent. He’s the typical tall forward these days, they’re all coming in around 200cm and really agile and mobile.”

“When he puts it together he’s quite a talent.”

Daniher, 23, is the first key forward to win the Anzac Medal for Essendon.

Schade held Franklin goalless in his 250th match this ­season but was no match for Dani­her, who took eight marks and set up defining last-quarter goals for Cale Hooker and ­Orazio Fantasia.

He then slotted the sealer after an inspirational chase and tackle by Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti.

Essendon coach John Wor­sfold talked up Daniher’s imp­ressive work ethic.

“Joey’s an improving talent, there’s no doubt about that,” he said.

“He’s a developing key forward (and) he’s achieved a lot already for someone of his age.

“But he’s still developing and learning the game and growing. He’s working hard — that’s what we’re looking for.”

Worsfold agreed Daniher’s combination of size and agility set him apart.

“He does at times moves around. That’s part of what’s making him the special player we think he’s going to be,” he said.

Daniher polled eight of a possible nine votes to claim the medal from Michael Hurley, and said he was thrilled to star on such a special day.

“It was my first Anzac Day win, so it feels like it’s been a long time coming,” he said.

8 Likes

Legend

1 Like