#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

The White Franklin?

I’ve always thought JD in his younger years tended to have a bit of that overthinker in him, not today.

Half way through the first term, I could’ve sworn I saw him just p iss f arting around with his arm over some filth player’s shoulder before a throw in. Certainly in the right frame of mind to do his thing.

I said this years ago :)[quote=“Donnington, post:3817, topic:446, full:true”]
The White Franklin?
[/quote]

That article is good but Franklin is a two time premiership player not three. You would think a journalist could simply look that up whilst writing the article.

1 Like

Ah yes, the ‘have you thought about having a shot’ method. Very effective.

Big Joey Daniher!!

Loved his game today and the ‘bromance’ with Steel Sidebottom was fun to watch.

Congrats on being the ANZAC Day Medallist.

1 Like

No…‘White Franklin’ would be shortened to ‘Wanklin’

1 Like

Fright Wanklin.

1 Like

If i get some free time i will have to learn how to make GIFs. want to put a compilation of Joe stuffing around Sidebottom for the whole game

1 Like

reaction from most when he won the medal was “dafuq?!”… looked clearly the most influential player on the ground to me. Confirmed having watched the replay.

1 Like

Yes please.

He won me 1k yesterday with that medal win.

10 Likes

Mate text me when presenattions were on and said “Hurley Best on”. I text back “Mate Faniher looked like he was huge all day”.

So in correctly picking the Anzac day medallist, I inadvertently made a rude funny.

Genuinely looks like he is enjoying his footy at the moment. Great to see a player who looks like he is having fun.

7 Likes

True, and seeing how Diggers has already taken that, you’ll have to try again …

1 Like

Absolutely farked his set shot kicking in the first and second quarter. Takes a lot of mental fortitude to not drop the head after that. Said it before but will say it again, highest ceiling of any player on our list, by far.

3 Likes

Great story.

2 Likes

His ceiling is best in the competition no doubt so completely agree,

He’s been kicking pretty well this year. I think the wet weather probably affected him. With his form so far this year, I think you’d have to play him as a CHF/Ruck. He moves around the ground so well and the length on his kick can really help Hooker and our smalls if they’re one out. He doesn’t have to kick a bag a week, cause he set’s them up as well. Always looked liked something was going to happen when he was around the ball, and I think the lack of ruckmen from Melbourne can really help him on Sunday.

Loved his goals but the run down the wing and ridiculous pass that almost tore green’s arms off when he marked it was right in front of me. I reckon it’s almost the classiest play of the day. His presence of mind to kick it that hard and split the two defenders was sublime.

4 Likes