#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

TD in ruck? Really? Don’t remember.
Neale could ruin with ball and was a best kick ob the run, opening yup the game…
TD as I remember him was reliant as tomorrow coming, with the surest pair of hands you’ll find, and strength beyond his size.
JD - well he could be anything. I’m more curious about him than I’ve been about any player since hearing for the first time that Timmy had a son who played footy.
(Can’t wait for Hirdy to be embraced and welcomed back by the club…)

I think this is one of his most underrated qualities. The guy is irrepressible. Even when he does something dopey or has repeat misses from 15m out, he never drops his head. He’s out there taking the game on, trying outrageous moves that no 200cm+ player should ever be trying, and grinning like a mad man! That sort of passion and enthusiasm is infectious… and rare.

16 Likes

Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it came a stone monkey. The nature of money was…

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.15841559.2194/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

3 Likes

STILL NO PERPETUAL FINGER TWIRLING GIF!

1 Like

Yep Alan Noonan was a great player and a great guy.

He was a primary teacher near my Parents house and he spent time coaching any kids who were around. Really selfless guy,

Died too early.

1 Like

Yes, I have heard so many people say what a champion bloke he was.
He carried us in lean times.

Yep, peppering the goals is not something to hang your hat on if they’re half chances, a la Pies. The team you’re describing in the last sentence is Adelaide. Maybe ■■■■■■ Port too. Certainly GWS. We’re not the complete package yet, probably not for a year or two.

TD was all over my kiddy duffle coat. If Joedan keeps going like he is I’m on the phone to Mum to dust it down, sew a new number on it, possibly remove the arms and wear it as a muscle duffle.

4 Likes

His kicking at goal is soul destroying.

6 Likes

get him doing 50 hours a week with diesel.

If we lose, it’s his fault.

0.6 is unprecedented, even for him

1 Like

Cummings went 1.7 one day.

This is what I am talking about when people say he should just snap at goal all the time. That is not a solution because for many set shots you simply have to kick drop punts (depending on distance and angle).

Until he develops an effective drop punt goal kicking routine he will never take the next step and will lose us games of footy.

1 Like

Was practicing before game kicking around the corner but kicking normally during game. Does not make much sense.

Surely this is further evidence that he’ll never ever be a good drop punt kick at goal?

Right foot time Joe.

1 Like

I’d settle for just being an ‘average’ drop punt at goal right now. ‘Good’ would be amazing!

He’s been hitting them better this year. Was it an aberration or is this?

He can still win this game for us today. Let’s hope he gets a few easy ones

1 Like

It’s extraordinary how this happens, not just to JD, but he is one you’d point to as a regular.

Stated off so well this year with his set shot left ft drop punts.

He’s hardly the Lone Ranger today, but it’s heart breaking when it goes wrong for him.

Hope he can re set at HT and come out with his head right.

Is complicating things too much

The brisbane game his set shots were very compact, straight arms and straight leg. I really remember noticing how different it was, and all his shots went straight.

How do we tell the club to look at this vision and show Joe?

1 Like