#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Bullshit worst on ground. He missed a few hard shots, and probably over confident after last week took a couple of shots he should have passed. Besides that he was dominant around the ground, 13 marks and 17 disposals

3 Likes

im not saying it, im hyperbolic(ly) taking the ■■■■ out of those that are.

I agree.
Which is maybe, why his main gig shouldn’t be kicking at goal. He dominates around the ground.His rucking is getting better.
I can see some sense in it.

Everyone feels the frustration… this guy could be better than Buddy. If he could kick straight he would be… absolutely the most versatile, influential player in the comp. Imagine six goals last week and seven this week playing as a ruckman, snapping from the boundary, kicking it from the centre square… taking hangers, kicking goals on the run. But it’s not there at the moment and the temperament he needs to kick them consistently will likely come with age / maturity… eg Riewoldt… not practice. Just need to be patient I suppose.

He’s still a young colt, and forgets himself at times.

Last week was a break out game for him, an I said at the time, it should give him confidence now to know what he is really capable of, … unfortunately, in a young man’s mind, it can backfire and he get’s a tad ahead of himself, … or worries too much about equalling it and producing again. I suspect that may have happened today & in the next 2 weeks the accolade will wash through & ultimately mature him a fair bit.

If you can treat those two impostors as just the same …

getting ahead of himself? kick straight and hes BOG again…

2 Likes

Yes, … ahead of himself.

You need to kick them again first … is that so difficult to u/stand?

1 Like

is this because he celebrated kicking two fantastic goals last week?

Most of his shots weren’t too far off either and he has been better this season in general

I don’t think his attitude is bad, he’s been told to enjoy his footy and that’s what he does, you can see that’s his normal personality, he just loves being out there.

His next step is to not only be natural and enjoy the game but to also start channelling the killer instinct.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Salmon kicked 1.7 in a game I saw once. He turned out just fine

1 Like

Can you imagine how blitz would have grats him (and KWalsh) if around at the time?

1 Like

Reckon I saw Buddy kick 2.9 once as well.

I know he kicked 6 behinds, but his kicking didn’t look as awful as it has at other times. Progress is hard to see at times.

4 Likes

I think turning him into a ruck would rob us of one of the better forwards we might ever have.
I remember people asking for him to be moved into defense early last year. Patience is required just as it will be with Francis.
He’s still young and still a long way to go. I’d be more worried if he had 3 marks for the day and kicked 1.1. He’s taking loads of marks and influencing the game. We would have lost against Collingwood without him.

1 Like

How impressed do you think any of those four would have been with his crap shooting for goal and crap staging for frees?

2 Likes

Our search for key forwards in the post Lloyd and Lucas era:

Hurley’s a talent, we’ll try him up there, snap wrist, mung shots for goal, Nup. Back to defense.

Carlisle is winning matches off his boot when we have thrown him up there. Jake, you are now permanent tall forward. ‘This club is farked’, off to St Kilda.

Hooksy, you’re a good contested mark we’re going to play you as a key forward, a few games in, nup. Actually, change of plans. Off to your natural home in defense. Stewy, you have a run.

Joey, we know you looked like the forwardiest forward to ever forward but mate, it’s not working, you just can’t kick for goal. You’re playing as number 1 ruck.

2 Likes

Gets too much of it for me to be disappointed. He’ll kick 1.6 one week, 6.1 the next.

9 Likes

Jobe is a bigger problem than Joey. Joey turned up at least.

2 Likes

I’m surprised by the comments here, in regards to celebrating, staging, worst on ground and cost us the game. Far from it IMO, kept presenting all day. Half our side were invisible and I read this rubbish about Joe.

7 Likes

From hero to villain in the space of 5 days.

He cost us the game today unfortunately.

You can’t miss that many easy shots on goal and expect to win.

Goes to show the gap still between his best and his worst unfortunately.

2 Likes

Lost us the game but was still one of our best.

A guy getting 9 shots on goal in a game and miss most of them is not a problem to have.