#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Back in a couple of weeks according to the club website.

"Daniher is expected to return to full training over the next fortnight,…

The Bombers begin their JLT Community Series campaign on February 16 against Collingwood.

Crow said Daniher hasn’t been ruled out of that match but is a more likely starter for the later pre-season games against Gold Coast (Mackay, February 26) or Geelong (Bendigo, March 12).

“We’ve got to find the balance between filling Joe’s tank up for the season and also getting him to the point, from a football point of view, where he’s ready to play at a high level,” Crow said.

“We’ll be weighing that up as we go but I’d be thinking more the later end of the Community Series, than the front end.”

Big thanks to the EFC team for the injury updates… we’ve all been pretty curious.

Less than ideal for Joe, but at least we now have some information which you would hope we can rely on (???cue recall of all the optimistic predictions that the club has made about injured players in the past).
As was becoming obvious, he will not be match fit for the start of the season, or however you want to interpret the “balance” Crow talks about, but at least he should be playing.
It never fails to amaze me how players get knee injuries in December, when there is almost no contested work, and training is mainly straight line running and skills.

Less than ideal for Joe, but at least we now have some information which you would hope we can rely on (???cue recall of all the optimistic predictions that the club has made about injured players in the past). As was becoming obvious, he will not be match fit for the start of the season, or however you want to interpret the "balance" Crow talks about, but at least he should be playing. It never fails to amaze me how players get knee injuries in December, when there is almost no contested work, and training is mainly straight line running and skills.

Lucky it is just a knee complaint and not a hairline fracture.

Interrupted pre seasons are the worst, they start from so far back that they never really catch up. And in a young player, it will affect them even more.

And then throw in 8-10 players from the starting 22 who haven’t played for 18 months and it really throws a spanner in the works.

isn't there a thread dedicated to buns?

No, but there should be

Did someone say Buns??

Interrupted pre seasons are the worst, they start from so far back that they never really catch up. And in a young player, it will affect them even more.

And then throw in 8-10 players from the starting 22 who haven’t played for 18 months and it really throws a spanner in the works.

Yeah it really cruels their season, however I think a player like Joe is best placed to handle it rather than most players/positions. He just may have to player deeper than hooker for the first few months. Let’s just hope he isn’t getting a “clean out” in a month or so and Crow and his team gave got the call right.

Less than ideal for Joe, but at least we now have some information which you would hope we can rely on (???cue recall of all the optimistic predictions that the club has made about injured players in the past). As was becoming obvious, he will not be match fit for the start of the season, or however you want to interpret the "balance" Crow talks about, but at least he should be playing. It never fails to amaze me how players get knee injuries in December, when there is almost no contested work, and training is mainly straight line running and skills.

Lucky it is just a knee complaint and not a hairline fracture.

Seems to be doing better than his mate Beach-comb-er.

No, but there should be

Did someone say Buns??

Sweet jesus. Who ate Alex Lloyd?

I can think of a few things that are worst than an interrupted pre-season tbh. Really, this is pretty promising news given that it could have been some chronic foot, groin or even a winderliched back.

This has turned into a pubic forum.

This has turned into a pubic forum.

Plucking oath.

No, but there should be

Did someone say Buns??

the Absorbalof

lol, it’s just being pushed back more and more. Started off just after Christmas, now it’s the back end of the nab cup. Doubtful for round 1 you’d think

lol, it's just being pushed back more and more. Started off just after Christmas, now it's the back end of the nab cup. Doubtful for round 1 you'd think

I think they are saying he will join in full training in a few weeks but moreso given he has had his pre-season somewhat interrupted it makes sense to play the latter stages of the NAB cup (or whatever it’s called now) than push him to the line for the first NAB game.

C’mon, cut it out guys. He’ll be buzzing around the fwd line in no time. Might be a fringe player the first few games but with a bit of conditioning his form will spike, the heavens will part and fark Carlton fans will be bowling their eyes out

C'mon, cut it out guys. He'll be buzzing around the fwd line in no time. Might be a fringe player the first few games but with a bit of conditioning his form will spike, the heavens will part and fark Carlton fans will be bowling their eyes out

Do they bowl spin? Might get a gig in India !

His year is fkd. Will start slowly, maybe string a few good ones together but only kick about 30 goals and then the pressure and talk that he’s not that good will come.

His 201X is cooked, cya in 2020.

FFS sake, stop speculating and stick to the bald facts.

No, but there should be
Did someone say Buns?? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/23/03/377FB01700000578-3753897-image-a-48_1471917830049.jpg
the Absorbalof

Fark Raxacoricofallapatorius.