#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Couldn’t he try kicking with his middle - leg?

Big hands, big feet 'n all?

Couldn't he try kicking with his middle - leg?

Big hands, big feet 'n all?

Depends. Does he dress to the left or the right?

He has been practicing his goal kicking regularly at at undisclosed location at night time, will be perfect by round !**

**may not be true

**may have been part of a weird dream I had the other night :wink:

So he didn’t have an operation on his knee and was just being managed, then today comes out heavily bandaged, snaps one on his left, bends over and looks uncomfortable then kicks a set shot off his right foot.

I’m very concerned.

His reputation is shot.

Am I the only one who thinks Joe is seriously contemplating kicking set shots with his right all season?

Am I the only one who thinks Joe is seriously contemplating kicking set shots with his right all season?

Nope.

So he didn't have an operation on his knee and was just being managed, then today comes out heavily bandaged, snaps one on his left, bends over and looks uncomfortable then kicks a set shot off his right foot.

I’m very concerned.

Seconded. He is too young and too important to our future to take risks with. Get him right. Particularly if we are contemplating playing only two tall forwards and using him to pinch hit in the ruck.

The state of our talls a week out from jlt is concerning to say the least.

Someone put Looney in a bubble

Nope.

So that makes two of us.

Nope.

So that makes two of us.

He kicked at 80% off his right foot last year.

We’ve got Stewart and Hooker now. Let’s take this opportunity to get Daniher tip top instead of rushing him back.

You really hope the medicos weren’t taking real risks with him in an intra-club game. Come on.

It might have been said already but I loved Gary Lyon talking about Joe having the most upside of any forward in the league today. Could not believe how many people were bashing Lyon for that statement.

It might have been said already but I loved Gary Lyon talking about Joe having the most upside of any forward in the league today. Could not believe how many people were bashing Lyon for that statement.

I noticed that backlash.

I think the unwashed completely overlooked the word ‘upside’ and mistook it for ‘best’.

It should be pretty clear to everyone that Joe has heaps of upside given that:

1. His kicking can only improve
  2. The team he has around him will improve dramatically and give him much better supply.

Not sure how what Gary said is anything earth shattering or controversial.

If you’re talking purely about the ‘best’ of the young key forwards, on exposed form to date you’d have to say Tom Lynch deserves that title. Not much between Daniher and Hogan. Darcy Moore promising. A few others in the discussion.

Joe Daniher has the most upside absolutely. Hogan is a man child, who has the body and strength to match it with the big backman already. He will get better, but he is already developed physically. Joe is only now beginning to show those signs of his body developing that size and power needed for a key forward. When he gets it together and has the strength to not get pushed under the ball or out of a contest, there is not a defender in the league who can stop him legally. Just a question of whether we actually get the free kicks for all the chopping of the arms.

Hogan is not a man-child, is actually slightly undersized compared to a few of the modern forward giants. He is smart though and has elite reading of the play and body positioning. Joe Daniher, given a decent run at it fitness wise (and he has proven durable thus far) will become a devastating player, and the current unwashed footy public will find that out soon enough.

Has anyone thought that maybe kicking on his right is actually part of his training? He may have been told to kick opposite football summer to improve balance and technique

Has anyone thought that maybe kicking on his right is actually part of his training? He may have been told to kick opposite football summer to improve balance and technique

He’s a modern footballer and you have be able to use both sides, but if coaches are now telling players to kick set shots at a 45 degree with their non-preferred then bugger me.

Didn’t woosha say he can’t kick over a certain distance on his left?

But fk. It’s pretty concerning that he’s still not fully training.