#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

how many pun deckham del;uge?
Surely to de luge is to remove a long winding trough from a mountain side. No idea what this has to do with puns though.
We don’t have many mountains in Australia. There’s a long trough at this peak, though:

http://www.afr.com/content/dam/images/g/o/m/g/0/3/image.related.afrArticleLead.620x350.gowhfe.png/1463393677844.jpg

Classy!

It might have been said already but I loved Gary Lyon talking about Joe having the most upside of any forward in the league today. Could not believe how many people were bashing Lyon for that statement.

I noticed that backlash.

I think the unwashed completely overlooked the word ‘upside’ and mistook it for ‘best’.

It should be pretty clear to everyone that Joe has heaps of upside given that:

1. His kicking can only improve
  2. The team he has around him will improve dramatically and give him much better supply.

Not sure how what Gary said is anything earth shattering or controversial.

If you’re talking purely about the ‘best’ of the young key forwards, on exposed form to date you’d have to say Tom Lynch deserves that title. Not much between Daniher and Hogan. Darcy Moore promising. A few others in the discussion.

I think it was last year Carey was asked who he would prefer to have on a list right now, Cameron or Joe.
Said Joe.
They asked whether he wanted to give it a bit more thought.
‘Nope.’

I remember that, & remember thinking Yep!

Then remembering that the AFL had clearly directed their flunkies to “Pump The Bombers” at every opportunity for 2016, and thought … nup, he’s actually being genuine here, because I think JD reminds him more of himself, as he does me.

JD is a FF, a genuine CHF, & a roaming Reiwoldt type CHF, all in one, and can play either role seemingly at will when called upon to do so.

I can’t wait to see him dominate this year, & I don’t think many here have any idea how much he will. It’s going to be epic from here on out.

The only thing that will determine how much, is n how often there’s a number of dangerous targets, and at least one other KPP keeping defences worried.

how many pun deckham del;uge?

Surely to de luge is to remove a long winding trough from a mountain side.
No idea what this has to do with puns though.

I llike your sense of hummus.

Im more lid off about joe than i am any player on our list. Said it heaps last season but its worth repeating, if the lack of preseason doesnt hold him back in terms of fitness, I reckon he’ll have a superb season… the constant rate of improvement from joe since his first season is very encouraging

Its great to see Joe selected in the squad for this weekend. With him and Hooker being managed, until we see them fit and firing its impossible try and predict how our season will pan out.
Hooker is still pretty much untested as a forward and so a lot of weight rests on Joe, so im really hoping he can have a good run, kick a few goals and get his confidence up.

Its great to see Joe selected in the squad for this weekend. With him and Hooker being managed, until we see them fit and firing its impossible try and predict how our season will pan out. Hooker is still pretty much untested as a forward and so a lot of weight rests on Joe, so im really hoping he can have a good run, kick a few goals and get his confidence up.

Yeah… but no.

Did you see our small forwards on Thursday? You may not have recognised them because we haven’t had one in forever… but they were good. Our strategy could legitimately be, “just bring the ball to ground”.

For all the hysteria about him being injured he is back for our second practice match.

Will kick 50+ this year.

Its great to see Joe selected in the squad for this weekend. With him and Hooker being managed, until we see them fit and firing its impossible try and predict how our season will pan out. Hooker is still pretty much untested as a forward and so a lot of weight rests on Joe, so im really hoping he can have a good run, kick a few goals and get his confidence up.

Yeah… but no.

Did you see our small forwards on Thursday? You may not have recognised them because we haven’t had one in forever… but they were good. Our strategy could legitimately be, “just bring the ball to ground”.

Sure, it’s a strategy, but if we are going to be a decent side we need to have some tall marking options inside 50 who can kick goals - and Joe aside, we haven’t had one in forever.

Small forwards are handy when the ball hits the deck but they are plan B, and still they will get plenty of action even with Joe in the side.

For all the hysteria about him being injured he is back for our second practice match.

Will kick 50+ this year.

Points or goals?

If he can improve his accuracy, we will rocket up the ladder

Will kick 50+ this year.

Points or goals?

He legitimately could kick 50 goals 50 behinds.

He will easily have about 100 shots this year (including out of bounds)

Will kick 50+ this year.

Points or goals?

Might have been close to that last season.

Will kick 50+ this year.

Points or goals?

Might have been close to that last season.

43 goals, 32 behinds, 25 miskicks, not outside the realm of possibility

That’s a 75-85 goal season if you’re Matthew Lloyd. Joe may never quite get to that accuracy but if he’s finding it that often already…

Just got onto the AFL app … what happened to Joe D, 1 handball for the game. Injured?

No, just couldn’t get near it

Just got onto the AFL app ... what happened to Joe D, 1 handball for the game. Injured?

Nope, just basically unsighted. Don’t know what his time on ground was though.

Will be better for the run. Train hard in the next fortnight and hopefully go OK against Geelong

He looked awful out there. I think he’s playing injured which is insane to me at this time of the year.

Meh, see you in round 1.