#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Just got onto the AFL app ... what happened to Joe D, 1 handball for the game. Injured?

Nope, just basically unsighted. Don’t know what his time on ground was though.

Played nearly 3 quarters, rested for 1. Couldn’t get near it, it happens. He’ll be better for the run.

Let’s be honest. His pre-season has been fcuked. He’ll start the season very slowly IMO.

He looked awful out there. I think he's playing injured which is insane to me at this time of the year.

He didn’t look injured to me. Just way out of touch and manned up by one of the leauge’s best defenders.

Whenever we went inside 50 he was hardly in the picture.
He worked up the ground to get into the game but just couldn’t hold the marks and got wrapped up in tackles.
He flew for a couple but they didn’t stick and some he tried to mark at his feet (poor kicks) so he tried hard.

What foot was he kicking with today?

Neither.

What foot did he kick with today?

Fixed

Neither.

Didn’t miss a shot today.

http://www.managingcommunities.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

Just needed to grab one of the marks he got his hands to and he would have been away.

Didn’t get a full preseason.

Is it possible with our ball movement looking a little quicker and more direct with less long bombing from 80 that he was simply getting to the wrong spots (said slightly tongue in cheek)

Looked horrible

Timing was out. Wasn’t getting to enough contests. Probably being somewhat protective of knee.

Thankfully he can blow cobwebs out over next few weeks and hit round 1 with a little confidence.

Honestly, if there’s anyone I’m not concerned about it’s Joe.
Putting my concerned dollars heavily into Hooker at the moment.

Was absolutely pantsed today. I dont think ive ever seen him shut down like that before.

Had -1 for his SC at once point

If you’re a midfielder, you can ease back into a pre season. Have a run of half back, gradually move into the ball and rarely would you worry about a tag.

As a number 1 key forward, you are copping the opposition’s best key defender no matter what, so there is no easing back into it.

Need game time.

Not sure he will be flying till mid season.

Hopefully hooker gets a game because the last thing we need is two underdone KPFs running around.

If you're a midfielder, you can ease back into a pre season. Have a run of half back, gradually move into the ball and rarely would you worry about a tag.

As a number 1 key forward, you are copping the opposition’s best key defender no matter what, so there is no easing back into it.

Add to that May is one of the more rugged key defenders in the comp, not afraid to try and hurt his opponent in contests.