#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I don’t mind the snaps for goal either, I was saying to people I was with on Saturday night that I’m calmer when he does cause he is more likely to kick it.

The thing for me though is that he has to settle on a particular method with confidence and consistency everytime.

So basically pick a mark at the ground (say 30m) and everything inside that is a snap and anything over that is a drop punt. Automatically. And practice this way too.

No chopping and changing, which I believe he did the other night, otherwise it just ■■■■■ with his head more.

Xavier’s son Freddie is a huge fan of Joey.

11 Likes

What a little cute Don.

1 Like

Fixeded

2 Likes

In the end it’s psychological. With his field kicking, you can see he’s nice and relaxed which results in him being a beautiful kick. But with so many people continually telling him what he should do, it appears that he put pressure on himself resulting in the ball going from left to right. Maybe he could try an arc like Buddy?

Not many kids get to base their favourite player off who’s the most fun to play with lol.

3 Likes

Which if you follow the exact letter of the law, is coming off his line & should be immediately called ‘play on’

Any player that wants to do this should tell the umpire.
Umpire calls time off.
Umpire calls time on again when the kicker is back in line.
Simple.

True. If your name isn’t Franklin it’s play on.

1 Like

Big Joey is so fun to play with.

2 Likes

Anybody else think JoeDan is in denial about his goal kicking?

No, he knows he has a problem. He’ll get better, he’s still so young.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I’m concerned he thinks he can do it by himself…

1 Like

yeah, becuase its joe thats saying to the club ‘nah mate nah kickings fine, nah dont want lloyd to help me out, nah dont need special coaches’

Needs to have more pings from outside 50. Some of them missed by a bees d*ck against Hawthorn.

Been really impressed (so far) at Joe’s drop punt set shots. Confidence is up.

1 Like

Safe as houses tonight.

That was the best kicking for goal i have ever seen from him. 3 shots never looked like missing.

1 Like

Playing very well as a high/centre half forward.

Yep. Wonder what it was - hopefully not a fluke