#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

16:2 (29:18 overall) since the Melbourne debacle. Not trying to kick the cover off it from set shots has probably helped.

Only Kennedy (on 34 and out for an extended period), Cameron and Buddy in front of him

Remarkable transformation considering he kicked 13:16 before that.

Keep it up Joey

11 Likes

I thought it was 16.4 since Melbourne. At any rate, it’s an extraordinary turnaround. Better than 80% over the last month! He’s kicking with great confidence and rhythm. Just get the pill to him inside 55m!

1 Like

Definitely 16.2, but a couple of out on the fulls along the way I think.

1 Like

What are his stats for set shots?

1 Like
Essendon and Joe Daniher are closing in on a contract extension that will see him recommit to the club for a further three seasons.

Fairfax Media understands that the Bombers and Daniher’s management have all but agreed to terms on a deal worth well over $2 million.

1 Like

Just three?

Free agency.

1 Like

Who’s his manager

No.

Next one will be the big one. Don’t want to go too long now.

5 Likes

3 years takes him up to 8 seasons in the AFL, and Free Agency. Smart by his manager, and given how much he should improve between 2018-2020 he will get the big, long-term deal he deserves. Also signing for “just” $2 Million for 3 years probably helps us fit some big-name recruits in. Good work EFC and congrats to Joey, well deserved!

7 Likes

Never a doubt that he would want out from this club.

Would love it if it was say 1.5 mill over 3 years lol, but well deserved as you have said.

I reckon 2 mill is about mill under what he’d get on the open market if people thought he was attainable now

2 Likes

3 mill for 3 years? I reckon we paid whats fair… yes he is having a blinder of a year atm, but his kicking is still a worry… he looked good when Lloyd worked with him but then went sour. Hope it stays course.

7 Likes

Bargain.

4 Likes

White man can jump

1 Like

Tracking nicely. Can play.

Yes.

He would be well worth $1 mil a season.

1 Like

I would think he would command the most money of any player in the game right now. That is if a bidding war was allowed to occur.

1 Like

That’s obviously the case. Virtually no-one who re-signs with their current club is taking the best offer they can get, almost everyone is knocking back superior offers.

Not too hard to imagine Joe probably had 6 year, $8m contracts in front of him or something similarly huge (or even larger).

2 Likes