#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Back In

2 Likes

Twice kicked it to Tippa who was two on one in the last five minutes. Not good decision making.

3 Likes

BACK
IN

… until eligible for free agency

2 Likes

back in

1 Like

Yee ha, 3 more

Joe has signed a 3 year deal

Great news!!!

3 Likes
17 Likes

He wraps it round and round his leg and tucks it in his sock

5 Likes

HIS SOCK

2 Likes

When club is under pressure, break contract glass.

11 Likes

woohoo!

Extremely happy to have him signed up. He may end up being the best player in the game. If not 3 years is ok. That said I think he could easily be the best player so really excited that he’s signed up.

Excellent. Great news.

Daniher Signs New Deal

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce, Joe Daniher, has put pen to paper on a three year contract extension.

The new deal will see the exciting young forward ‘Don the Sash’ until at least the end of 2020.

Daniher said his decision was based on the Club’s vision and bright future.

“I’m really excited to commit to the Club for a further three years,” Daniher said.

“I’m confident and proud of the direction we’re going as a football club, we have a great group of players who are working extremely hard to take the club where it needs to be.

“I’m really enjoying my football at Essendon, and that is largely due to the relationships that I have formed over the early part of my career and the positive direction we’re heading as a group.

“I’m really encouraged by the progress we’re making, but very understanding we have a long way to go to become the team we want to become.”

Daniher continues to build on an impressive 2016 season which saw him finish runner-up in the Crichton Medal.

At the half way mark of the 2017 campaign, he has booted 35 goals, including an impressive 21.2 since Round 6. He currently sits fourth on the Coleman Medal table, four goals off leader Jeremy Cameron.

The 23 year-old has also been awarded the ANZAC Day Medal and Tom Wills Award for his best on ground performances against Collingwood and Geelong respectively.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said Daniher continues to show immense promise as one of the most dynamic young forwards in the competition.

“We are really pleased Joe has re-committed for the next three seasons, he’s invested in our vision and as a leader of our Club will continue to grow and shape the elite culture we are building,” Worsfold.

“Joe is an extremely talented footballer, he has a wonderful work ethic, shows genuine leadership and is a highly respected member of our playing group.

“Joe is part of a really talented group of young players on our list who are an important part of our future, and our members and supporters should be really optimistic about where their Club is heading.”

List & Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Daniher was a wonderful endorsement of the Club’s development program.

“Joe came through the James Hird Academy, he has a deep understanding of what it means to play for Essendon, and I think it’s wonderful for our members to see another father-son selection developing in front of us,” Dodoro said.

“When Joe arrived at the Club he had raw talent, but through pure hard work and dogged determination he has emerged as one of the most exciting young forwards in the competition.

“He’s a wonderful young man from a proud Essendon family, and I think the most exciting part for our members and supporters is his best football is still ahead of him.”

Daniher joined the Bombers under the father-son rule as pick number 10 in the 2012 AFL National Draft and made his long-awaited debut in Round 11 in 2013 against Carlton at the MCG.

Joe has played 83 games and kicked 143 goals to date.

8 Likes

one of the good news stories of the season. With so many negative stories casting a dark cloud over our previous seasons, it’s so refreshing to see so many positives. Especially with our young talent.

Joey copped a whack in the media after inaccurate kicking in just 1 game this year. What a way to respond! He has shut everyone up and now he’s a chance to win a Coleman medal. Biggest thing of all, he appears to be enjoying his footy!

The next 3 seasons will be very successful and if he continues this improvement, the next contract will be even better!

Well done Joey!

1 Like

Joe “makes footy great again” Daniher

5 Likes

love this guy. such a happy unit.

7 Likes

twirls-fingers.gif

6 Likes

Woo hoo!!

Get around the Mo!