#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

But he’s the grandson of the #1 gun in the history of the club. They had to pick and play him. I recall D Reynolds saw him make his debut but passed away a couple weeks later. It didn’t work out as hoped but D Reynolds would have been thrilled. Worth it for that reason alone.

14 Likes

I thought this was JoeDan!'s thread?

We’ll get back on topic soon enough.

I agree with your statement about Reynolds btw.

You bet you do.

I can’t recall ever seeing a 200cm guy take speccies like Joe does regularly

You have to see this.

5 Likes

And now back to finger twirling

1 Like

The guy could play. Some glimpses early on were absolutely reminiscent of a young Hird. NEver produced consistently though, not even for the entirety of a game.

The fact that his “highlights” package features a few chest marks sums it up nicely.

4 Likes

pretty sure he was on The Sash podcast a few months ago

Yep Reynolds had a bit of talent, hell you have to to make it into the afl.
think he like a few guys around that time were poorly developed due to unfortunately the club as a whole sliding down the ladder from 02 onwards and sheedy trying to hang onto the glory days with players who were past their prime.
then he just lost all confidence, and could never get it back.

Ironically if memory serves me correctly, he followed a similar path to Daniher, up until daniher took off this year ( minus the goals for reynolds)

I seem to recall alot of people questioning daniher last year and would he ever make it.
that he’s a dumb footballer cos sheedy said so, cos he wasn’t kicking goals and his action was putrid.

The difference being Reynolds could never turn the corner and re capture his best form. Daniher has this year, and looks a totally different player, to the point where people are saying what they are now.

not saying reynolds could have been a star, but he was a decent player who IMO just wasn’t developed properly and never given a proper chance to succeed.

He’s going to get a boot up onto someone’s shoulder at some point and really launch himself at one.

3 Likes

Reynolds made it coz of his surname 100%. I don’t even reckon he was barely vfl standard.

2 Likes

Comparing Daniher to Reynolds are you serious? Daniher is a 200cm kpf. They take time, if anyone was writing him off they were delusional. The would he make it was regarding becoming an elite player not just making it at afl.

1 Like

I remember a couple of instances when I was standing in the Grog Squad.

He took a mark about 25 out against North to keep us well inside striking range (I think we were about 10 points behind).

I predicted OOBF, and was proved right.

And another time, when we were trying to ice the game in the last minutes, and someone kicked to him on the city wing at Etihad. Dropped the sitter and put us back under awful pressure.

Awful player, but then I remember some horrible Henno performances too.

I used to always dread the Scott twins grabbing a leg each on Reynolds and making a wish.

1 Like

Nic Nat

Who’s that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Takes a few screamers, but still ends up with fewer marks than any 200cm player I can remember.

1 Like

If that actually happens, he’ll have to mark it between his thighs …

Oh no… You can’t say that.