#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Personally I think having a couple of his front teeth knocked out would really offset his dodgy mo well.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Think you’d be suprised how many players don’t wear one

They’re horrible things.

I always struggled during my illustrious* playing career# but persisted because I like having teeth.

*May not have been illustrious
'#“Career” may be a bit over the top

8 Likes

I still play rugby and seriously… the mouthguard lasts like two minutes before I stick it in the sock and go about my business. Awful things

2 Likes

Imagine the wanking the media would be doing if Darcy Moore or SAM REID were playing as well as Joe has this year. It would be unbearable.

Love that he is just going about his business week in week out.

7 Likes

All the farking teams!

1 Like

I was just thinking, with the advent of now much more affordable “Implants” etc, … and the bucks they make, … it just might be worth the risk these days, if you can’t handle them…

Certainly much less of one anyway.

I’ve been living in Toronto for the last 4 years, I got back to Melbourne on Sunday as I’m getting married to my Canadian fiancee this Saturday. Will be going to my first footy game in over 4 years the day after my wedding and it just dawned on me that I haven’t ever seen JD play live in the flesh.

Can’t wait to see this bloke - hope he has a massive game!

26 Likes

Huh. I would have thought it was some sort of workplace safety or insurance requirement for the club. Interesting.

Having had to help a number of people with mouth injuries in sport and combat I would always advocate to wear one. It is amazing what they can hold together, plus you don’t need to scrabble around on the ground as much looking for the missing ones afterwards.

There are even studies showing the benefits for maximal strength generation through wearing one.

1 Like

Do you have a fitted one or just one of the heat in hot water types?

I hope that the day is a fantastic one for you and your wedding as well. :wink:

9 Likes

Agreed I can’t even imagine playing without one

2 Likes

fitted but I am a bit of an ■■■■■■■■ and hard to please. never liked them even as a kid. I always plan to use it and because my kids are watching, it is always in when I hit the field

1 Like

That was the most pure candy sell I’ve seen.

Considering the importance of the occasion don’t you think you should maybe do that the week after, not the day after?

She’ll understand.

New thread title is excellent

Been inspired by Tippa, maybe he’s become part of his pyramid candy selling scheme

100 boxes plse.

At least we’ll know who to blame now…

The end of the third qtr where he runs ahead of jobe full tilt, that’s what makes him a champion

that’s footy intelligence, then kicks the goal, that was a pretty good essendon moment, Watson to Danniher on 3 qtr time to ice the game.

Congrats! I completely understand as an OS fan, but Geez marriage is quite a high price to pay to get to an Ess game…
P.S. u should ask BJ where he got his wedding socks from.

3 Likes