#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Was it the “dangerous tackle” in the centre of the ground that was actually just a very normal tackle?

1 Like

Nope, second qtr in the centre square. Plowed straight through the ■■■■■ spine

I hope the kids at the club don’t imitate - it can get so messy when they do that.
I can just imagine what a shootout looks like - my boys do sword-fights before getting into the bath sometimes… what a mess.

1 Like

Joe has been offered a $1000 fine for his "hit " on a protected species in the first quarter.

Low impact to the body. of Mitchell.

What the !

1 Like

" the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the body. "

Isnt that the definition of a tackle???

That’s not the goal of this exercise, I think you have missed the point all together!

What the hell, Mitchell got sat on his ■■■ by JoeDan? When?? Can someone give me a time in the qtr I need to rewatch this multiple times.

Also we should all chip in and pay the fine, as well as 500 limited framed copies of the pic of him dropping the ■■■■■■■, we could do ceremony and give one to him and everything.

Just tell the club they can make a “JoeDan dumps Mitchell” special $299 jersey, they’ll be all over it.

4 Likes

Subsequent to the fine from the AFL, Essendon has awarded Joe life membership

4 Likes

Joe cops a fine for doing something to Mitchell, but I’m sure I saw Mitchell elbow one of our players in the head. The umpires didn’t do anything on the day, but I thought the MRP would catch him later. Didn’t happen.

Did anyone else see the Mitchell elbow incident?

Wtf. I missed this incident. What time and q? Or does someone have a gif? Ill chip in a pineapple if its a good hit. We should all setup a starter fund thing and @Reboot or someone can take the cash in.

Daniher fined for not hitting Mitchell hard enough.

13 Likes

Was talking about the commentators’ comments on it. Not the umpiring. As choppsuey mentioned, both calls were technically correct.

1 Like

I originally thought it was the 2nd but it was the 1st late on. Joe was in the ruck and as west coast cleared it he ran straight through and murdered Mitchell’s spine

Mitchell’s got a spine?

11 Likes

I’m going to watch the replay tonight, will probably fast forward straight to it and smile. Mitchell is a complete grub.

1 Like

Not any more.

1 Like

Crowd funding for our fav charity. 65k members should take all of 2 mins to fix this.

Don’t know if the TV would pick it up. I was lvl 3 front row Lloyd end and had the perfect view.

People on this forum were, IMO, way over the top about Joe’s potential. Now I am on bandwagon. Slightly more upside than Buddy - much better in air, good ruck tho not as strong as Buddy, NOW. Without Buddy’s aggro.

Ess success is pretty tied to joe for next 10 years. he may well win a flag or two for us, and, I reckon win a brownlow too. Umps love him cause not aggro and he is so spectacular.
Love how since Melbourne game - 1.7 - he has kicked 13.2. Melb game seems to have woken him up, if he misses like that we lose, just like Hawks lost so lot in Buddy early days.

bartlett saying he will be best in comp in two years right on, maybe even this year if his improvement keeps up this rate.

Does anyone know where to look to find comparisons re stage of career and goals kicked? I know he kicked 20 more than Tommo in first 77 games., like to see Buddy and Kennedy comparisons

13.2 in 3 weeks is insane.

If he kicks another 5 on Rance he will be hailed as the best forward in the comp.

1 Like