#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I think there was an argument that this exacerbated, or even caused, Hirdy’s foot injury.

3 Likes

brb i have to go…somewhere

5 Likes

3 Likes

I reckon he’s at 60% development, His rise is going to be something very special.

Apologies in advance if this creates another silly argument… but anyhooo…

I reckon he is at higher than 60% development.

His body is very close now to being fully developed
His tank is fine
His match awareness will continue to improve, but he has always been a natural forward. Perhaps if we continue to play him more in the ruck he has heaps of development there.
His skills are good. If you take out the Melbourne game his accuracy is fine and doesn’t have that much room for improvement.

I do expect that we haven’t seen the best of him, but I just think he is closer to his best than 60%. Maybe 80%.

4 Likes

Sign him up already!!

Elite but not to capacity.

7 Likes

That injury was the beginning of the end for Lloydy. He lost explosiveness off the mark but also his kicking penetration suffered. He probably thought he could transform himself into a goalsquare forward but by that time those types were a dying breed. His 2008, the season before he retired, was pretty good, think he kicked 60-odd and finished high up in the B&F, and from memory he did play a bit further up the ground. By the end he only had one effort in the contest and I think he was being well held by a defender he didn’t rate (may have been Zac Dawson) and thought to himself if he is struggling to get a kick against that guy it was time to retire. Only 31 too…

1 Like

I remember going to training a few days before Lloydy ripped his hamstring, and he was only participating in very limited training drills. My opinion was that he was severely restricted, and probably (in retrospect) should have missed that game.

Both he and Hirdy played quite a few games where they were severely restricted, and neither was able to overcome it too often. I think Lloydy was playing with a bad ankle towards the end of 2009 and was getting beaten by garbage (Silvester of Richmond, Schoenmakers).

He had a few glimpses of the past here and there, but I was quite glad he retired rather than drag it out or go to another club.

2 Likes

[quote=“Alan_Noonan_10, post:4506, topic:446, full:true”]
I remember going to training a few days before Lloydy ripped his hamstring, and he was only participating in very limited training drills. My opinion was that he was severely restricted, and probably (in retrospect) should have missed that game.

Both he and Hirdy played quite a few games where they were severely restricted, and neither was able to overcome it too often. I think Lloydy was playing with a bad ankle towards the end of 2009 and was getting beaten by garbage (Silvester of Richmond, Schoenmakers).

He had a few glimpses of the past here and there, but I was quite glad he retired rather than drag it out or go to another club.
[/quote]I would have taken 3 more years of
has-been Lloyd if it meant he could have kicked goal #1000.

6 Likes

Agree totally. One of the biggest improvements will be in his consistency IMO. Few off games. Hopefully of continued improvement in his goal kicking but not confident of that. Personally I reckon the best we can hope for in that department is solid without ever really being totally reliable. He’ll have his shockers from time to time. Hopefully not on Saturday night.

I reckon he was bigger in 2000-01, personally:

He lost a good step of pace when his hammie went

His goal celebrations are getting a little bit extreme…

1 Like

Agree. Lloyd was always big for his size but he really slowed down once he had the hammy injury. I reckon in his last season he was quite toned by his previous standards, he just didn’t have it any more. I remember the game where Schoenmakers reached past him to spoil multiple times and didn’t even need to chop his arm and thinking it was pretty much the end.

Good first quarter (against Tiggers):

2 goals
2 OOBF
0 behinds

Joey is awesome!

Still kicked 3 and looked dangerous despite getting zero help from rest of forward line and mids

1 Like

Depends on what time of the year too. Lloyd said he would be 4-5 kgs heavier after preseason. He said because of the Hits of the season he had to back off the weights and would loose the size throughout the year.

Still spewing he retired early, could have broke the 1000 easily sitting In the square.

Still kicked 3 and didn’t influence the game at all. Good sign

1 Like

He is the most exciting young player in the game, he is going to command some kind of contract.