#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Joe is so talented, could you imagine if he was like 10-15cm shorter? would be a midfielder in the mould joe.

1 Like

Quietly impressed that Joey has, in part, fixed his accuracy problems by choosing to miss everything when he misses.
Thereby keeping it out of the stats column.
And if it’s not in the stats column, as far as the commentariat is concerned, it didn’t happen.
I foresee a possible future in politics for the lad with a strategy like that.

10 Likes

Sorely needed chortle at that one Windsock. Cheers.

Great start to the year for Big Joe. The forward line has some good
structures and strategies in place. He seems to have played well as a roaming centre half forward. Exciting to watch him develop.

I had some serious concerns about Joey coming into this season. He missed a lot of the pre season, in the intra he was kicking set shots on his opposite foot. NAB Cup form wasn’t great and I just thought he didn’t start the year on the right foot.

Well, boy was I wrong! He has come out and smashed it from the get go! Averaging career highs in kicks, disposals, marks, goals and hitouts. Only 4 goals off top spot for most goals in the comp heading into round 12. I hoped he was going to have a strong year but I never thought it would be this strong!

Well done Joey, you’ve been sensational!

3 Likes

Strong position to go top 3 in the Coleman by season end. I’d say that his development is on track.

We all know how good he is in the sir but I’ve been really impressed by his work when the ball is at ground level this year. For someone as tall as he is, he does some freaky things when the ball hits the turf. Could be anything this kid. And he’s a Daniher!

1 Like

He’s going to have to learn to give off quickly in the short term, because all the opposition know he’s going to try to bomb from 60.

Do that a bit, and they’ll have to change, and then he can go back to wheeling onto the left, and bombing.

4 Likes

Yep, he’s burned a few good shorts in recent weeks in favor of bombing for no reward

3 Likes

Why are lefties so attrociously one sided. Hird and Mercs only used their left foot to plant themselves when kicking but they never got corralled. Then you got players like hep, Myers, Joe pig back in the day that were rendered useless if they had to use their right.

Ask Essendon12, probably the soy lattes

7 Likes

I reckon it’s got to do with juniors and lefties being able to find so much more space on their left because people instinctively defend the right side of opponents they don’t know. They rarely get forced onto their wrong foot. Hell, pig did it at senior level for quite a while

4 Likes

Exactly that. True in soccer too.
The best thing my junior couch did was put me on the right flank. Forced me to develop a right foot.

1 Like

As righty I always like playing on the left because you can cut inside more easily and my left is good enough to hack in a cross

1 Like

Learn what the ■■■■ Scott Lucas did for 12 years to fake people into thinking he was going to do something other than wheel onto the left.

3 Likes

He did kick that one right footed goal…that was enough to put doubt into their heads.

1 Like

Moircroft Mark was a Lucas right foot kick. That’s 2.

1 Like

Neale Daniher talking about this game on SEN today

He’s the spitting image of his uncle I reckon

2 Likes

Fitzpatrick trying to use sneaky tactics…nothing’s changed.

1 Like

Think soccer is a different story. They get pidgeon holed onto left sided positions given their rarity.

1 Like