#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Wow football used to be exciting without umpire showponying.

maybe somewhat different, but I was automatically put on the left flank in school footy too.
the advantage of having two feet is immense - gives so much more versatility, and so much harder to defend - think Darren Bewick.

Hardly, how about that turnover when Fitzpatrick held the ball too long, what a crazy idea who thought that one up?

Same (though soccer). Started off as #3, then later played left wing despite being right-footed. I could cross with the left, but cutting in from the left to strike with the right worked nicely.

2 Likes

For Hird’s entire career as a CHF, he marked on the lead and immediately turned to the left to kick with the right. I saw about three trailing players go where he was going, not where he’d been.

1 Like

Yep having two feet definitely helps.
Although prosthetics have come a long way.

4 Likes

That’s if you can afford to stump up for them.

1 Like

only 1 behind in the coleman now.

i think buddy is on 35 while Joes on 34.

3 Likes

Has kicked 21.2 since the Melbourne debacle…

17 Likes

therefore, still room for improvement

6 Likes

Spent a decent amount of the last quarter off. Hope he’s not injured. Another excellent game with influence around the ground and in the forward line.

That’s Jay Neagle like accuracy.

2 Likes

'Cept that was Jay’s season total…

career total.

3 Likes

My god he has skills for a big man. His gut running and repeat efforts are fantastic to see. He no longer just waits/calls for the ball over the top, but doubles back for the hit up lead.

6 Likes

Dunno if they switched to the far-side camera for his two set shots, but wow they were textbook perfect. Straight run in, straight follow-through, flew straight, and (bonus) straight through the middle.

9 Likes

I love him so much.

5 Likes

Not far off leading the comp now. Cameron might kick further ahead. Dude is a chance and what the? Didn’t even notice him much forward tonight. How’d he get 4?

1 Like

Heart and soul, keep enjoying the game Joey like you do, a real credit to the whole AFL. Love this guy so much will do something huge soon. Love him…did I already say that

4 Likes

Has a quiet night: gets 16 disposals, takes 9 marks, kicks 4 goals.

Nice to be in that kind of situation.

12 Likes