#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

DANIHER%20Joe.png

5 Games

... Ranked 1st among rising stars in Contested Marks Per Game?

May I be slightly heretical and suggest that Joe's 50m+ kicks never needed fixing? But they have been, and...

… he now needs to work on his goal kicking up close. That shocking miss from top of the goal square when we really needed it… ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Real tear your hair out moment.

Take mark, pass it off to Tippa.

I watched the second half of the North game again and one thing I noticed when he was back on the forward line is that he was leading like he doesn’t mean it. We used to have it a bit in basketball, players moving into position but not wanting the ball.
I don’t know if it’s a confidence thing or not, it seems he is happy to have it kicked over the back or on his head but didn’t want to have to get it on the lead. Perhaps it’s harder? Having said that I’m watching on television which is a fairly restricted view and it’s difficult to see what’s going on off the ball.

How good was my call at half time

He clearly read our comments at half time

wtf do they put in your water over there!

Alcohol

How good was my call at half time

He clearly read our comments at half time

wtf do they put in your water over there!

Beer

*edit, didnt even see the above post, lol

ha! 12/10 you two.

No doubt about it, the guy does some extraordinary things for his height. It just looks like he’s going to clunk more over the last few rounds too. Durable bloke for his frame and size too. Even if his goal kicking never gets much higher than 50% his presence when he’s forward can make a big difference (like last round) and it just feels like he’s going to start getting more opportunities (he’s already getting a few now). If he’s averaging 2.5 goals pr game next season that’s going to go a long way to us winning games. His work up the ground is a big bonus too. I’m firmly in the CHF camp with Joe and he’s already doing nice things. Even if he’s never a Coleman threat he’s a long term, essential player.

I think his game sorta gets lost in between that mark and his goal kicking.

His 3rd and 4th quarters were quite fantastic imo. Even if he isnt kicking goals he contributes to the team

• start of 3rd qtr fend off to give ball to orazio, resulting in goal
    - end of 3rd quarter dance around two opponents, dish off to tippa, goal
  • end of third quarter goal
  • 4th quarter dance around opponent checkside pass to brown, arguably exposing joes lack of boot, but ■■■■ that (who misses, but should have been a goal)
  • there was one time where the ball was a certain stkilda mark 2 on one Stkildas way in forward 50 but joe makes contest and halves it (believe a score resulted from it)
  • Joes mark
  • Joes end of 4th quarter goal

Thats 7 quite significant involvements in scores, or passages of play that should have resulted in goal, in one half of footy.

You really have to take the good with the bad with Joe, because the good is so close to becoming ‘elite’ IMO, that the bad wont matter so much.

I have more confidence than ever that he will be a legitimate gun for this club, even if he doesnt clean up his goal kicking. He will win us games with his altheticism, size and attitude alone.

almost soiled myself on the 2nd dodge. Was certain he was going to get caught

think i let out a ‘you idiot daniher’ at the screen, just assuming hed get done, felt a bit stupid when tippa slotted it

Blitz needs to crowd fund so we can buy some of Lloyds time.

Yeah, I would donate to that!!

Blitz needs to crowd fund so we can buy some of Lloyds time.

David Hale’s playing over in the WAFL, we should pay him to come over and work with Joe for a few sessions. I’ve never seen a 200cm player who was a better set shot at goal, and I reckon there are techniques around ball drop and follow through that one tall guy would be able to pass on to another.

His 3rd and 4th quarters were quite fantastic imo. Even if he isnt kicking goals he contributes to the team

- end of 3rd quarter dance around two opponents, dish off to tippa, goal
  • 4th quarter dance around opponent checkside pass to brown, arguably exposing joes lack of boot, but ■■■■ that (who misses, but should have been a goal)
  • there was one time where the ball was a certain stkilda mark 2 on one Stkildas way in forward 50 but joe makes contest and halves it (believe a score resulted from it)
  • Joes mark

Thats 7 quite significant involvements in scores, or passages of play that should have resulted in goal, in one half of footy.

You really have to take the good with the bad with Joe, because the good is so close to becoming ‘elite’ IMO, that the bad wont matter so much.

I have more confidence than ever that he will be a legitimate gun for this club, even if he doesnt clean up his goal kicking. He will win us games with his altheticism, size and attitude alone.

almost soiled myself on the 2nd dodge. Was certain he was going to get caught

• end of 3rd quarter dance around two opponents, dish off to tippa, goal
  • Joes mark

PS i know someone will probably go and point out all the stupid ■■■■ he has done, and did during the game, go ahead, im saying the good he does will ultimately make us forget he can sometimes make seemingly rookie errors

Hello joe.

Looks a gun. What was that stat? He took more contested marks than any bomber has in a game since Matthew Lloyd…and that was achieved in the 1st half against GC. All that in his 2nd or 3rd game. Hopefully we can see a full season of him in the seniors next year.

Just like most first year players had a couple of AFL games and now knows how difficault it is to play and compete in the AFL level. He will go back to training when he comes back and will work on the things he will need to do to become and stronger and better footy player.

I remember Jobe Watsons first game. It was against Geelong at Ethihad stadium. I'm pretty sure Essendon won by eight goals and Watson only had two handballs for the whole game and i dont think he played the game the week after. I am not putting him down just to show that from those 2 handballs he is now a brownlow medalist.

Can’t remember the exact line but his best game was one of the best recorded for a young, under 20 tall. There’s a bit there.

JD has whet our appetite with his appearances this year.

He has shown he has a lot of ability. He can mark and is pretty mobile at ground level. However to be a top rank player he needs to learn to kick straight. Kicking for goal at the moment is poor. It must improve if we are to build a forward line around him.

Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

Fix his goal kicking.

Spud.Really disappointing season. Would be lucky to get another contract based off this years efforts. 

Yep, wasted pick. What's the point of having a forward that can't kick straight.