I think his game sorta gets lost in between that mark and his goal kicking.
His 3rd and 4th quarters were quite fantastic imo. Even if he isnt kicking goals he contributes to the team
- start of 3rd qtr fend off to give ball to orazio, resulting in goal
- end of 3rd quarter dance around two opponents, dish off to tippa, goal
- end of third quarter goal
- 4th quarter dance around opponent checkside pass to brown, arguably exposing joes lack of boot, but fuck that (who misses, but should have been a goal)
- there was one time where the ball was a certain stkilda mark 2 on one Stkildas way in forward 50 but joe makes contest and halves it (believe a score resulted from it)
- Joes mark
- Joes end of 4th quarter goal
Thats 7 quite significant involvements in scores, or passages of play that should have resulted in goal, in one half of footy.
You really have to take the good with the bad with Joe, because the good is so close to becoming 'elite' IMO, that the bad wont matter so much.
I have more confidence than ever that he will be a legitimate gun for this club, even if he doesnt clean up his goal kicking. He will win us games with his altheticism, size and attitude alone.
PS i know someone will probably go and point out all the stupid shit he has done, and did during the game, go ahead, im saying the good he does will ultimately make us forget he can sometimes make seemingly rookie errors