#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Was hilarious the huge boo he got for his first touch.

There are a lot of scared opposition fans.

4 Likes

I was shocked by that. Booing Daniher is like booing a little puppy.

Not having a fixture handy, do we play the Tigers again this year?! Hoping if we do, Daniher remembers that and plays an absolute belter!

2 Likes

Sorry…saw 2 minutes of the Brisbane game…Hipwood is the next Franklin…on his 3 kicks a game.

1 Like

Strangely enough no, we’ll see them during finals I’m guessing :wink:

A quiet game = 17 touches and 3.0. The sign of a real quality player is when they still contribute despite now being their night. Lloydy reached that level around 1999. If Joe can get his 15 touches and 2-3 goals on his “off” games, you’ll take that every day of the week, and then when he is on he’ll get his bags of 5+. Working as our relief ruck gives him a greater chance of having an impact.

4 Likes

It pains me to say that on a couple of occasions last night he looked like a believer in the hype.

Selling candy to one player makes you awesome. Trying it on two makes you look cocky. Trying on three and getting done stone cold htb makes you look foolish.

Don’t eliminate the enthusiasm joey, but use it wisely.

14 Likes

All part of the growth.

1 Like

Yep and there’s only so many times the whole “wheel around/fake on the right from 60 then kick for goals” is going to truly shock people and he’s used all those times. Now it’ll have to be “really on” for him to try it

Or maybe he could have dished off after the first or second turn. Who cares? Take the good with the bad, that’s what makes him a 2 metre excitement machine - or you can have 2 metre Peter.

4 Likes

You know it is possible to both appreciate his unique brilliance and wish he’d not tried to move 8 kilos of candy in the wrong situation?

4 Likes

He farked up, no biggie. I’d rather he tried too hard than not enough. The kid is a prodigious talent, he’s going to have these moments. I reckon we just hang on and enjoy the ride.

12 Likes

I actually love him trying to take on the world. It’s great. Joe can do whatever he likes

15 Likes

I reckon he also dodged a few guys, realised there was nothing ahead of him, dodged another and then realised he had no-one to dish off to either. He got himself in a jam and his team-mates left him high and dry at the same time.

4 Likes

Agreed. Quick 60 metre left foot snap would have seen him right.

I have no doubt he’ll work out a balance pretty quick.

Joe taking the game on and trying to make things happen is a million times better than being a deer in the headlights or just handballing to a flat footed bloke under pressure just to relieve yourself.

5 Likes

Yes, quite a few blokes were taking the pisss last night.

1 Like

Was never going to dish it off, Scott Lucas type, plus you’d back him from 55+ out off a step over anyone on the team

Definitely was arrogant trying to take on 3 players, but it’s also arrogant to soccer poke a goal through from the square, you have to take both, as it’s only those who go for the impossible that do it, and Joe can do it multiple times a game, you don’t tone down that sort of magic

opposition teams are definitely on to it

1 Like

needs to stop throwing the arms out and himself forward looking for frees. he’s getting raped consistently but Umps wont pay them for fear of looking stupid when it’s revealed he’s acted for one. And probably stop spraying them when they don’t pay them, that’s hardly gonna help his cause. Time for a charm offensive Joe, get them onside rather than permanently offside.

2 Likes

I ■■■■■■■ love him, I laugh when he makes mistakes like some on the weekend, Yeah he could be simple but that ain’t our Joey.

Most exciting bloke in the game by a margin and he’s white. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

This year has been noticeable for him much reducing those moments where he takes on too much, or let’s himself be smothered off the boot. They stand out when they happen though.