#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

In the first quarter he marked it but the umpire gave the free to laverde instead, and also bellchambers spoiled him. Account for those and given he is confidence player it could have been a different outcome. But yeah not his best game, but the fact he still kicked two is a good thing as even on a quiet day he can still impact the scoreboard.

1 Like

When this team blows away lowly teams like Norf & brissie on a regular basis then we can safely say that team maturity has arrived. JD along with every senior and highly paid player, is responsible for things like attitude, state of mind, application. He still occasionally plays like a TAC footballer but he is much more than that.

Part of that may be about enjoying his footy but if he can nail his game day state of mind and performances consistently, then his enjoyment rewards are potentially huge.Ours too!

He will get there. He’s still only a young pup. We shouldn’t forget he’s having an excellent season and giving us many delights. He will only continue to get better I expect.

Some of his decisions today were vintage 2015 Joe, not in the good way, but damn he can make up for it now. His bad games now are 3 goals and multiple impacts where he swings the game our way. He’ll learn from today though, which is good, especially after Jobe had a chat with him.

Remember the Rohan/Gleeson incident?
I hate how umpiring in this game is so inconsistent. Atrocious.

2 Likes

Missed that. Was there footage of Jobe speaking to him during a break?!

It wasn’t a big enough game for Joe to care.

1 Like

needs to just work on some of the basics. The big wheel around onto the left sticks out like dogs balls.

1 Like

Agree with this. Not in a critical way but Joe’s a natural showman who loves the big stage. If we can make it to September, the sky’s the limit for him.

Potential Coleman Medalist, Ruck, plays up the wing, can go back to settle things down and take a mark.
He’s a pretty special player.
And hasn’t hit his prime.
Makes you feel all tingly.

9 Likes

If he learns one thing from the North match, its that Brown kicked 6 and did it by simply by being tall, and judging the flight of the ball and timing his leap better than our defenders. Brown did not attempt any speccies by jumping early, did not try to be a showman. ( same applies to Hooksey)

Dont get me wrong, to me, Joey is a star but Brown is a very good player who just quietly gets the job done each week, and as a consequence is level with Joey in the Coleman.

1 Like

Brown is also riddled with injuries and likely cannot take the leaps that Joey does. James Brayshaw was on radio the other day and made mention on the knee issues that Brown often struggles with. And that will likely shorten his career unless managed properly.

Helps that he plays closer to goal.

I wish to christ we could hit Joe on the lead more. Bloke would be unbeatable on the lead with his reach.

1 Like

Joey is now probably our #1 drawcard player, Tippa is next, and Razzle Dazzle is next. There no doubt that these players are helping us to get bums on seats at matches. Its fantastic entertainment and I am really enjoying going to matches

Now we are getting to the business end of the season, its probably more about knuckling down and sometimes helping the team to win with the best decisions and doing the team thing ( not that they dont do that already most of the time) , But rather than try to kick goal of the the year 65 metres out on the left boundary, there may be higher probabliity options, for instance.

The way Hooker went about icing a crucial game for us was real leadership

2 Likes

We have a nice spongy floor that would be good for his knees. Brown into our forward line, Hooker to defence. All good.

3 Likes

What’s with his "how are you " tattoo?

Joey does quite a bit more around the ground than Brown does. He isn’t lauded simply for the number of goals he has to his name.

11 Likes

Chopping out in the ruck so we can afford to play another mid is a pretty important team thing.

Agreed Joey has attended more centre bounces than Buddy or Brown an would have more hit outs than them as well.

Combined. For their entire careers…

In fact, I’d be surprised if Bud has attended a single centre bounce in any capacity.

Nah, Hawthorn used to run him through the middle with some frequency.