#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Actually in the square or off a wing? I definitely recall him coming in off the wing but don’t recall him actually starting at the bounce.

1 Like

ben brown would be the perfect player for us. perfect lead up tall forward beast, let joe play HF/ Ruck, put hooker back

1 Like

I have a vague recollection of noting it in a game a few years back. However, memories being what they are and Hawthirn being a pile of ■■■■, I wouldn’t swear to it as a fact.

1 Like
                                      **Centre clr**  
                                      **Tot / Avg**   

Shane Savage HAW 149 9.9 60 4 209 13.9 60 4 2 0.1 2 0.1 10 0.7 49 3.3 11 0.7 4 0.3 1010 67.3
Luke Breust HAW 192 7.7 173 6.9 365 14.6 91 3.6 2 0.1 10 0.4 20 0.8 110 4.4 40 1.6 30 1.2 1873 74.9
Lance Franklin HAW 214 10.2 115 5.5 329 15.7 86 4.1 1 0 2 0.1 28 1.3 52 2.5 60 2.9 37 1.8 1641 78.1

Apologies in advance for the formatting… Stats from the AFL site for season 2013.

If he had a centre clearance that is from the centre bounce? Is that how it works?

Joe also rucks and spends time on the pine, so Brown v Joe comparison is BS

Yep. What is Joe’s average TOG? I swear he’s been rested for almost entire last quarters when the game has been in the bag.

Joey could be the key to this game. If he stays mobile and high, he will be a nightmare for the Dogs to cover. Their most mobile defender in Woods will need to stay back and help out with Hooker and Stewart.

1 Like

Wood is also their best intercept defender so by keeping him occupied up the ground you deny them their best source of rebound from half back.

Yep… I can’t see them sacrificing him on Joey if he stays high. He is too important to their game plan.

1 Like

B1408, my reason for comparison was related to some aspects of Joeys game. It was mainly the fact that Joey jumps early too often, instead of positioning his body and timing his jump to mark without trying to take a speccy. ( Joey was accused of “showboating” earlier in this thread ) Every mark Brown took was unspectacular, he did not attempt to ride on any players shoulders, but he was effective.

Browns role more closely approached the role played by Hooker, Hooker kicked 5, Brown 6, so in effect we matched them and thats probably the more applicable comparison in this case, if you want to compare KPFs with almost identical roles in that game.

2 Likes

Joe has averaged 91.5% TOG this year. In the North Game he had 92% TOG. Even if he was 100% on the field in Q1-3, he would be spending around 70% of Q4 on the ground.

Bring back Davey. He had woods measure.

1 Like

How long is a piece of Wood?

HowManyWood?

1 Like

That’s a bit of a personal question.

1 Like

especially with no stringer

Can’t we play this game tonight?
I want to see Joe twirling his fingers again.

5 Likes

Joe is now a genuinely great player. He does for us what Bontempelli does for Footscray. He’s all over the ground and when we need something special he’s usually the one who produces it. He really needs to get his set shots right, but even with his problems he’s developed workarounds that have got him second highest on the goalkicking list. Genuinely loves the big stage without having a big head. I don’t know how long it will last, but while it does, all we can do is enjoy it.

1 Like

you know he’s kicking at about 75% since the Melbourne game?

1 Like

It’s funny because I actually feel comfortable when he lines up now.

He looks far more relaxed also.

2 Likes