#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

This guy and Raz are the only thing keeping us in games a lot of the time.

Amazing that they are both still 23 or under.

To see this guy realising his potential is incredible as we have had so many talented youngsters come to the club over the years who showed so much promise but didn’t have it pan out for one reason or another.

It’s nice to have a player turn out just as good, if not better, than what was expected of him.

3 Likes

Should have kicked Ten and won us the match.
Joe was killing it we should have been going to Joe every time we got it.

7 Likes

I wonder what they actually talk about when they have their secret huddle. Obviously not "You run that way and I’ll try and tap it to you’.

3 Likes

Joe did exceptionally well yesterday. I have a gripe. He missed from a set shot that anybody including my grandmother would have kicked. We need him to be exceptional and top that off with the easy goals.
Not being negative about him just factual and I am sure he and the coaches know this. Had he kicked the easy one or two goals it might have just changed the momentum enough to get us over the line yesterday. I won’t even go into Hooker’s part especially his 20cm out brain fade which would have taken a lot of griping off Joe’s misses.
I hope he goes on to win the Coleman. Maybe for the rest of the season the team can try feeding it to him in a big way and in the interim end up losing the jitters by taking their mind off everything else other than defending and getting the ball to Joe. We might end up winning the rest of our games.

1 Like

Literally the best goal kicker in the comp and some users are bagging him.

FMD

4 Likes

Not bagging him VS.
Disappointed for losing games we should have won and pointing out deficiencies that could have changed the result…there is a difference.

2 Likes

Exactly kick long to Bomber talls playing on undersized dogs…instead most of the time we ■■■■■■ around with it and turned it over. Not rocket science, play to your strengths !!!

2 Likes

I shake my head in disbelief at how good he is when I watch. I thought he was going to be a good player but not this good. Now Im starting to think he will become one of the best we will ever see. You can tell he still has so much more development left in him

3 Likes

He left at least 3 if not 4 on the table on Sunday.

That said I reckon his knee is giving him far more trouble than he lets on. Just a subtle little limp after he lands heavily or crashes a pack with his knee.

Frankly it’s a worry and I fear the ruck work presents an unnecessary risk.

4 Likes

I would chop both my balls off in a deal that saw him punt one from 60 in a elimination final late in the last to sink Richmond and the biggest finger twirling carry on you’ve seen

27 Likes

And Joe is one such deficiency?

Let’s get some perspective here. The guy kicks 6 goals and people are saying he should’ve kicked 10 straight.

Not Joe as a deficiency. Him missing from 20 metres in front of goal is a deficiency. You have to get some perspective in what people write and not blow it out to something it is not. To do anything at an elite level means you strive for perfection even though you don’t really ever achieve perfection. Any mistakes such as missing easy shots at goal are points that need to be brought up and talked about.
Let’s turn the conversation around a little and say that Joe is playing in a grand final. He has kicked 16 goals so far. We are 3 points down and the final siren is about to blow. Joe marks the ball 20 metres out directly in front just as the siren sounds. A goal will win us the GF. Joe misses. What will be your conversation the 16 goals he kicked or that he missed a real sitter that he should have got to win us the grand final.
I am not saying he is not elite or even putting him down. Simply stating that he still needs to work on his goal kicking to get closer to perfection which in return will help us win games more often than not. A point that I am sure he and the coaches are also bringing up and trying to rectify.

2 Likes

Considering how Joe’s recent goal kicking has been, I’d say you’re the one blowing it out to something’s it’s not.

And same goes to your absurd analogy. His goal kicking kept us in the game. You want to look at deficiencies, look at Hooker. He actually DID lose us the game.

Hooker is another discussion. It’s ok. Maybe you’re just not getting the point.

1 Like

Must be. Hope it was a good point, whatever it was.

Some perspective. Also 99.3%-guaranteed proof that he will become the league’s greatest ever goal scorer in game 332.

11 Likes
20 Likes

Bloke’s improved his goal kicking to 63% (~75% since round 6) and still getting panned for missing the occasional set shot. Wot the actual ■■■■. Really.

JOEDAN.

WOAH. WOAH. WOAH

Both ?
You can give up 1, and Stallion can give up 1, and I’m sure the Football Gods will be satisfied.

Let’s not go losing our heads here !

1 Like