#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Jeremy Howe?
More like Jeremy Howe 'bout you get off your arses and vote?

Yes…way better than Franklin’s

No. That’s why Gil wants to change the system.

1 Like

So what’s the new system?

Public vote subject to being overturned by public outrage at result of vote?

3 Likes

Rules for judging mark of the year.

Ask Eddie what he thinks.
Ask Gillon what he thinks.

Hire a new Executive Manager, Competitions at the AFL, on $375K per year.
Advertise the position widely on the Old Xavierians and Trinity College notice boards.

Convene a focus group, generate a report to the AFL Executive committee.

Gillon co-opts members of the Rising Star Committee to judge and award the winner.

1 Like

BREXIT was a people vote and that was decided with 51.9%. Joey won with 52.7% of the vote, and there were three choices. Anyway you look at it Joey won this fair and square.

5 Likes

Nah, let’s just save some money and let Andrew Dillon decide the winner.

1 Like

Even with my red and black glasses on, no way that Howe mark was the best.

Hands beats chest mark every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

As someone said. It’s a diversion from the obvious 2 Rogers players not being suspended. Perhaps the fans should get to vote on that one?

EVERYONE SHOULD ALWAYS GET TO VOTE ON EVERYTHING ITS DEMOCRACY LEFTARDS

1 Like

This is an example of, 1. The decline of society that people are feeling outraged to make a big deal over a mark and 2. How ■■■■ the AFL is.

6 Likes

I don’t think so.

Enough with the numbers, maths boy.

Hamish on Game Day - Howe was without doubt Mark of the Year and he was right to let everyone know that at the Brownlow. My theory is Collingwood split the vote with left room for Essendon to go hard.

Errrr Joey had more votes than Howe and Grundy combined.

Why would Grundy get any votes at all? Wasn’t it absolutely obvious who won and no one in the entire world would disagree?

I noticed C7 made a subtle point about who they thought should have got GotY during their retrospective earlier today. And quite frankly, I’m with them on this.

1 Like

Watch The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer, early 70s Peter Cook comedy.

Available on Youtube.

1 Like

Didn’t Peter Cook play full forward with some distinction for Port Melbourne?

With his proclivities he would have been more at home at Hawthorn.

So eddie sooks it up as usual about clubs` ‘media - cheerleaders’ determining the outcome of an individual award…and then…proceeds to cheerlead…via the media…to determine the outcome of an individual award…

1 Like

Is this real life?

1 Like