#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Gary Lyon is a known Essendon hater and a flog!

On the open market Joey is easily worth a mil

6 Likes

Dalsanto said given the choice between Dangerfield and Joey, he would take Joey !

1 Like

He’s more accurate than Buddy, yet he’s paid $1m +

3 Likes

Don’t bring facts to a click bait fight

10 Likes

He’s on the right track. Reckon he’s up for an 80 goal season which should net him the Chriton. This will be the year where his dominance around the comp is complete though and he will end up really dreaded by opponents and opposition coaches. He will become the premier big forward. It will springboard him into potentially better things along with a more settled midfield into the future. You will hear some hack like Hamish McLachlan asking Dermot Bretton “Is he the best forward in the game now” and Derm only mustering a begrudged scoff. Reckon he has a 100 goal season in him. Perhaps not this time though.

Big call on the 100 goal season. Nobody has even looked like getting close to it since FRANKLIN!!! did it. But Joe is capable of it especially since the accuracy issues seem dead and buried.

If Joey was the primary focus of our forwardline then 100 goals is capable.

We like to share it around though so I think 70 is more likely.

1 Like

That and just needs to find it a bit more within range. If it happens we will be kicking some massive scores because our other forwards won’t want to funnel everything through Joe.

pay me to journalism.

“man says thing on radio, here’s an article repeating it verbatim”

3 Likes

Smack has the tools to be a very, very good seniors player.
This will be his tenth year playing in the AFL and not being that.

1 Like

Of two things journalists produce, their hands produce content, their alimentary tract produces ■■■■. Trouble is they often get the 2 confused.

Isn’t he the target something like 53-56% of the time we go into the forward 50? Thought that would be enough to say he is the primary focus.

If that’s the case that is high.

Wonder how that stacks up against Buddy or Kennedy?

If we can produce more inside 50’s then I guess its possible.

Dermie is actually pretty complimentary of any big forward who delivers. Sure, he hates us, but I’ve always thought there is a healthy dose of respect for our best players. He talks a lot of rubbish at times but he clearly loves the game. I reckon Joe is exactly the type of player he would love to watch.

1 Like

Well presumably Lyon believes Mrs Brownless is worth millions of dollars so who gives a fark about his dumbass opinion.

if all players were on the open market, reckon Daniher would be paid the most.

1 Like

After the Melbourne game of which his accuracy was heavily being affected by fatigue post Anzac Day (and the medal!) his accuracy was unbelievably good.

Lyon NFI

He is not as bad as Richo and he was one of the highest paid players in the league at one point.

I’m interested to see how many he kicks this year, especially with Woosha saying they don’t want him to be the second ruck as often.

1 Like

How many goals Joe can kick will all come down to midfield delivery. If we had a 5 star midfield which knows how to get the ball out quickly and accurately, the sky would be the limit.

Jake Stringer may be very useful for clutch moments, but I am putting my money on Fridge to be the money man when it comes to getting the ball and providing silver service for the forwards. It may take another year or two for him to rise to the top, but he has the tools, and he will still be a great forward as well.

I wouldn’t mind Begley and Stringer rotating out of the middle as a medium term plan, with Draper putting down their throats (the ball that is).

I agree SG that if Joe can keep going where he left off from last year, there is not a problem with accuracy.

1 Like

He’s no Million Dollar Baby, that’s for sure!

What a maroon.